LSvtec bottom end advice???

bobukler

5+ Year Member
i am doing an LSvtec build....i was wondering what the necessities are for the bottom end????

how strong are LS rods???

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the rods are fine, its the rod bolts that are a problem. get arp's if you plan to rev over 7500 rpm. also, the stock ls pistons dont have enough valve reliefs to clear big vtec cams, or cams that are advanced. if you pull apart the bottom end, a set of itr/ctr or even b16 pistons is a very good investment.

bobukler

5+ Year Member
thanx

Handlebars said:
the rods are fine, its the rod bolts that are a problem. get arp's if you plan to rev over 7500 rpm. also, the stock ls pistons dont have enough valve reliefs to clear big vtec cams, or cams that are advanced. if you pull apart the bottom end, a set of itr/ctr or even b16 pistons is a very good investment.
thanx.....i have ITR pistons in there now.....just wasnt sure if the LS rods were strong enough....

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
bobukler said:
thanx.....i have ITR pistons in there now.....just wasnt sure if the LS rods were strong enough....
ls rods will happily support 300 hp and 8500 rpm, the problem with ls rods is the rod bolts, and if they've been replaced by arp's, you're fine.

bobukler

5+ Year Member
Handlebars said:
ls rods will happily support 300 hp and 8500 rpm, the problem with ls rods is the rod bolts, and if they've been replaced by arp's, you're fine.
thanx.....ill make sure i pick up a pack of arp rod bolts then