Making glass look matte?

my93civic

I was just wondering if there was a way to make glass appear matte but still be clear enough like regular glass. I tried google but didn't find anything. I thought it would be different.
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i don't think there exist anything your talking about besides window tint but if you have the cash you could look into Smart Glass.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was just wondering if there was a way to make glass appear matte but still be clear enough like regular glass. I tried google but didn't find anything. I thought it would be different.
What i your intended purpose to "matte" you glass? Glass must be glossy to be visually clear. Otherwise, you will impair the purpose of it being glass.

my93civic

I thought it would be cool to have a completely matte car. I've always liked flat black and thought matte glass would be a cool idea, but I didn't think it was possible either.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what about those decal vinyl wraps people use to advertise on vans and bus windows that are perforated so its still see through. it wouldn't be legal but it would work.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Glass only works because light can pass through it. Black (matte black, I'm assuming you're talking about) is black because it absorbs all of the light and doesn't let any pass through or reflect. Science tells us that what you want to do is completely impossible.

my93civic

I know but it was just a thought. I understand the science and everything but it was just an idea I had

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I know but it was just a thought. I understand the science and everything but it was just an idea I had

No worries :D