Mansers 96 Gsr Swapped Si Slow Build

Manser

Alright cool! Thanks for the feedback guys! And tigbitties, how do you like your hasports? Are they worth it? I plan on boosting my car hopefully next winter so I'm sort of planning ahead I guess...

Manser

Alright. Haven't updated here in forever.. Figured I'd keep you guys in the loop.. I ordered the following:
ARP head studs
ARP main studs
ARP rod bolts
ARP water pump bolt kit
Gates water pump
Cosmetic bottom end gasket kit
Cosmetic top end gasket kit
Type r oil pump (yes I know all b series are the same, it's just what the site calls it)
And I also ordered a set of ferret valve seals AND super tech valve seals because I couldn't decide which ones to go with...
I still have to order an oem timing belt as well.. ALso, I've been looking in to getting a set of pr3 (b16) pistons.. I calculated the compression to go from 10.6:1 to 11.3:1.. I was just wondering if I was going to need a tune to run the higher comp. pistons? Any feedback at all is appreciated!.. I also still have to send my crank away and have it checked and polished and sent back with acl bearings. Then I have to hone my block amd re-seat my valves. After that ill be ordering :
Hasports mounts(62a bushings)
Magnetic drain plug set
Hondata thermal intake mani gasket
Blox tps
Blox extended mani studs
And possibly an AEM wideband if the funds are available...
As of right now I have no pictures of anything because it hasn't arrived but as it starts rolling in ill be sure to post pics!

emerican

Registered VIP
do you have an aftermarket intake manifold or did you just get the gasket?
good choice with the gasket though whenever i eventually put the skunk2 im on mine i will defiantly be going with the hondata thermal gasket for it.

Manser

What a piece of junk car ;)
Hurry up and get that itr into your car already!
do you have an aftermarket intake manifold or did you just get the gasket?
good choice with the gasket though whenever i eventually put the skunk2 im on mine i will defiantly be going with the hondata thermal gasket for it.
Nah I just have the stock intake mani on there now.. However a lot of people like the stock gsr intake because of the dual runners.. Once I get out of college and start working full time (June hopefully) the build should progress a little faster.. I'm also going to be buying an 06-08 si in July as my birthday present lol need a daily driver so I figure I mays we'll get a nice one!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
People like the dual runners?.....that's news to me.

Manser

People like the dual runners?.....that's news to me.
Must be a Canadian thing? :what:
I personally HATE IT! Looks like crap and I honestly dont find it makes any difference, but alot of people around here like them :???: I know of a guy who traded a skunk2 intake mani for the stock gsr one simply for the dual runners..:???: But whatever, to each their own I guess.. I cant really afford a new one just yet because I still have 5 weeks of on the job training for school so I have to start putting money aside because I have to rent a room for 5 weeks from my aunt and uncle on top of still paying for my appartment so after I order the alst few things I need for the rebuild itll slow down for a bit but hopefully pick back up closer to the summer!

Manser

Received my order from RealStreetPerformance today, very pleased with the service there! Only took 3 days to ship from florida to the east coast of canada and it only cost me 26$ for border fees, which is actually very low compared to what I normally pay lol, still waiting on an order from lightningmotorsports which has all of my arp hardware as well as a water pump. Once my lightning order gets here ill be placing an order with jhpusa for a timing belt and mounts, etc etc.. heres picture of what I have so far..

OEM oil pump

Cometic Streetpro Top End Gasket Kit

Cometic StreetPro Bottom End Gasket Kit

Thats all for now! Hopefully my lightning order will arrive sometime next week.. Stay tuned.