Mansers 96 Gsr Swapped Si Slow Build

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm more of a fan of the Buddy clubs, actually one of the rims I was considering before I bought my grids. But if u wanna go for the OG look the first 2 are cool as well

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice so far

car is begging for a tune or minor maintenance overhaul. my lil b16a put down 156whp/ 111tq untuned.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The Buddy Club P1's look nice. I use them in forza lol

Manser

Thanks for the feedback guys, and yeah CHILD. It could probably use new plugs,etc etc but for now im content with it. I'm more concerned with the rims atm because I dont want to have to slam it on steelies come spring time. I hate the looks of steelies, so once I get the rims I need to choose between paint or rebuild before I go away to university... Aso, I was thinking about doing a wire tuck and I'm pretty sure you did one in your EK build, I was just wondering how you did it and if there was a site or something I could read up on how to do it?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the feedback guys, and yeah CHILD. It could probably use new plugs,etc etc but for now im content with it. I'm more concerned with the rims atm because I dont want to have to slam it on steelies come spring time. I hate the looks of steelies, so once I get the rims I need to choose between paint or rebuild before I go away to university... Aso, I was thinking about doing a wire tuck and I'm pretty sure you did one in your EK build, I was just wondering how you did it and if there was a site or something I could read up on how to do it?
I get ya. Sounds like a good plan. As for the tuck, the best information i've found is a huge thread on Honda tech "shaved tucked" google that and you'll probably find it. It has the basics and some poetry detailed info. You'll need to read through some of it though. It's pretty simple but really time consuming. I've been tucking and removing things slowly to make it easy. If you try to do it all at once your first time it will seem insane trying to get it back together neatly.

As a heads up, the headlight harnesses can be tucked without cutting or splicing and quite a few other things. Let cutting be a last resort.

emerican

Registered VIP
Tune up and minior maitnece are really cheap man you shouldnt have to choose between a tune up and rims lol.
even if you get ngk plugs and ngk blues plus everything else for a full tune up your gonna come in cheap

Manser

The reason I say i have to choose Emerican is because I work 15-20 hours a week at subway making minimum wage and i have to put 25% of my cheques into a savings account for university because my parents arent going to be able to afford to put me through university for 4 years:P I literraly bank like, 225-250 every two weeks and that has to pay for lunch throughout the week and gas(50$ gets me two weeks). So i'm only able to put away 100 or so as savings. Thats why id rather just get the rims and do the tune up after. I know itll be cheap, but I literaly dont wanna take a couple hundred from my rims fund for it :P maybe my parents will get me some for xmas though? There's an idea:D
And Child, I briefly searched for it tonight. I found a 94 ex coupe shave and tuck on there? but it wasnt very detailed so I dont figure it was the right one. Then I stumbled upon a thred called, "My G3 Integra wire tuck and engine bay shaving" which has 38 pages.. Needless to say I havent taken the time to read through all of them yet :P Just wondering if you knew if either of these two forums were the one that you used or if you knew the exact name of the thread? I dont really know much at all about doing the tuck, I just know it looks really good and Id love to do one. So I figured id ask you for advice seeing as youve done/doing one.. Thanks =)

emerican

Registered VIP
IF it where me id still do the tune up id rather have mine run as good as possible before anything else.
And i feel your pain i work at a resteraunt and have to pay for my college classes,books,rent,insurance,phone etc etc
Im going for my criminal justice degree as of right now after that i will be going for my bachlors in either forensics or computers

Manser

Nice. You sound pretty school smart :thumbs up I still dont really know what I wanna go to school for :shock:

emerican

Registered VIP
I guess im something like it lol its just a really intrsting subject to me
You will figure it out man just find out what really intrests you and go from there

Manser

Well, havent really posted anything in here for a while. Ive been really busy with school lately due to midterms and such, but things are starting to slow down now and I might actually try and get a few minor things done to my car on my own.. Im planning on removing the cruise control and the power steering(I was told a rack wouldnt fit in the EK coupes, but that if have to loop the feed line back into the return line? Not really sure how this works so if someone could help me out by either explaining to me the process or sending me a link to a good thread id appreciate it!) I also plan to tuck away the wires for my fogs and such, just trying to clean up the bay a little bit. Anyhow, I vaccumed and wiped the car down today so I figured id show you guys some interior pictures for now..
Cockpit view.
[/IMG]
Closer up on the dash
[/IMG]
Cluster. Canadian so Km/H
[/IMG]
Pretty sure we installed the fog light switch backwards.. :hithead:
[/IMG]
Too much bangin gears?;)
[/IMG]
Current engine bay status.. Like I said, I need to get this thing cleaned up so any feedback on what to do or how to do it is greatly appreciated! :thumbs up
[/IMG]

emerican

Registered VIP
I would get a different intake if you want to go the cheaper route buy the ebay sri then put an Aem or K and N filter on it since the ebay filters suck

Manser

Might do that.. But Im satisfied with the intake right now, it does its job. On another note, weather update here in Canada.. SNOW:shock: Cant afford to store it for the winter though..:(
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Oh, and heres my pretty cool lanyard ;)
[/IMG]

Manser

emerican I would get a different intake if you want to go the cheaper route buy the ebay sri then put an Aem or K and N filter on it since the ebay filters suck
The Porblem im having with that, si that a gsr intake manifold curs down, instead of up like most other honda motors, so for an aftermarket intake I need the piping to come out of the manifold and curl up and then go straight out if you udnerstand what I mean..? Like if you look at the picture of my engine bay youll understand. So its hard to find an aftermarket intake that'll bend the way I need it to :P

Manser

Paint just my bay you mean? I plan on painting the whole car next summer, and i'm not really a fan of cars with different color bays..

emerican

Registered VIP
They make hybrid intake systems for cars with swapped motors they have some on the store in cc in fact. Not sure if they have what you need though