Maritimers 99' sedan

maritimer

I picked up a nice little four door a month or so ago, bone stock and needing some love.

Body wise its in good shape, one rust spot at the bottom the wheel well. Not a big deal. I have just been replacing things slowly over the winter. So far i have done
-outter tie rods
-two upper ball joints
-all four struts
-muffler
-plugs, cap, rotor

So far I have bought GC coils, havent got my konis yet though which isnt a big deal since winter isnt really over. Also picked up a rsx-s muffler that I havent bothered yet putting on.
Plans right now are to piece to together my b20z swap. It will be non vtec and n/a for now. Im aiming for around 160hp with it which i think is a reasonable expectation.
I do need to get my konis and some wheels though.. Im kinda in the air about wheels, i dont have a lot of money at the moment and i also have to think about tires for the wheels. I do like enkei classics though, probably go for a 15x8 et25, so thats very possible in the next little while.
Today i finally did a valve adjustment, there is a valve train tick that has been driving me nuts. Only two valves were out of spec though, and the tick is still there, so kinda just accepted its not going away haha.
I go for surgery on my shoulder tomorrow though so i doubt i will do much for a week or two. Hopefully some interesting stuff will happen within the month though!
Mike.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk 2

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Welcome! Always good to see another 99 Sedan around here.

maritimer

So got pulled over for rolling a stop sign today, im thinking "oh well, no big deal" cop asks for all my stuff, i give it to him and he goes back to his car. He comes back and says my insurance card is expired.. My insurance ran out last week and i didnt realize because the letter the company sent out reminding me went to my moms house.. So $1200 dollar no insurance ticket later.. Im going to have to get financial responsibility insurance now which is about $3600 a year. So monday i get to pay a 600 dollar down payment and the first months payment. Its my own stupidity, but my god im mad.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk 2

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would think u could fight that. That seems ridiculous imo.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would think as long as u have current insurance now then u would have a shot

maritimer

So finally got my self out a financial crater, got a decent full time job at a car rental place, and got the down payment payed for my new place. So i rewarded myself with car parts lol

B18b with good compression and clean as heck inside. Wanted to go b20z but got this cheap as hell with other stuff so couldn't say no.

Excited about the rear disk swap, going to order a set of ES bushings.

Came for free with the rear disks, i had to sell my ground controls that i never even got to use due to money issues. I only have two though.. so not sure what to do about the front. These besides being dirty are in really good shape.
So i need to sell the ys1 tranny and find a hydro one, axels, ecu and the t mount, besides that i pretty well have everything.
Im going to spend some time cleaning and refinishing the engine and valve cover, aiming for some oem cleanness
Sorry for the long read, should have some pics of progress by the end of the weekend

Sent from my SGH-S730M using Tapatalk

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh s**t! Makin moves. Nice looking ride. Get all of the little odds and ends taken care of?

maritimer

Only things left on the car to do are the trailing arm bushings are dry rotted but, since im doing the disk swap that will be done. Still havent fixed the rust spot, havent had a solid weekend off in awhile. Hopefully ill cut it out and weld in a new peice and get a can of colour match for now. Want to respray the car in the next year so not worried about perfect paint that much right now

maritimer

Couldn't sit inside any longer, so i decided to clean up the trailing arms.

Cleaned them up with a wire wheel then used undercoat, it's ugly as hell but its tough and never flakes off lol

Curious if this came out right as well?

maritimer

So i got my coilovers in yesterday, pretty happy with the ride, firm but not clunky.

For just about $100 i can't complain at allll! Also chucked some old teg wheels on for the time being.
What do yahs think?

Ice Cream Kid

Ooohhh I like it

I wanna do the rear disc swap on mine, but I can't afford it :P I'll also be going b18b, but mine's a 2000 coupe. Both green though haha

Excited to see how this goes :D

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I agree. that drop looks good, and the teg wheels are looking great! Not as common as some of the other teg wheels I've seen people use. They sorta remind me of the tecnomagnesio wheels from about 15 years ago

maritimer

Thanks for the positve feedback. Im on the search for wheels, thinking some sort of mesh style, find a spoked style doesnt look that great on a sedan. Hoping for 15x8 +25, should look alright im thinking.
B18 is just going to be kicking around for a while, i think im going to do a mild high compression build with a set of crower cams or something, still up in the air really.

maritimer

Set of 15x8 +40 slips for sale locally, guy wants 450 for them and they have used r888's on them. Gonna go to look at them friday when i get payed. Pretty good price for my area, people sell rtx and xxr wheels for more then that..

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Eh, Rota's are about as knock off as I'd go. RTX and XXR are like knock offs of knock offs of knock offs. You know what happens when you clone something too many time, right?

Take a nice Desmond product and Rota makes the Slipstream. Past that, I don't think I'd mess with them. R888's are pretty ridiculous though, not a bad price overall if "used" means, still has treads.

maritimer

I have no intentions of using the r888, i would sell them. Rota's aren't my first choice in wheels but they are some what reputable brand. There is literally no "good" wheels in my area, its all knock offs and walmart stuff. For the money i have right now, they would be alright though. I need to buy summer tires anyway, rather buy some for a half decent wheel then for some old 14's

maritimer

Waiting for the guy to call me when he is off work to go lool at the slips, hopefully can talk him down $100 or so haha.

I have a question though, not sure if anyone that could answer it would be looking in here but if not ill make a post in tech.
D16y7, 225xxx kms, it has the classic hair line crack down the center of the exhuast manifold, there is a tiny bit of black carbon around the crack so i know that it is leaking a small bit, and can hear it when the engine is cold. Is it possible that this could be giving the o2 sensor an incorrect reading causing it to think the engine is running lean? Thus causing to up the amount of fuel being used? Im almost positive its running rich, but all the tune up stuff has been done regularly. There hasn't been a check engine light so im kinda stumped. Anybody have any thoughts feel free to share

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think the Integra wheels you have on it look nicer than the Slipstreams will. I'd rock those and put the money somewhere else.