Match up against 2003 GT eclipse..

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok. my car has had a overheating problem for months. today i kinda fixed it....i thought. but after a while it started overheating. anyways on the way home, my friend was following me, and my car was totally ovrheating...the heat was at the very top...the hottest. so my friend pulls up next to me at a stop light and revs.

Match up:
~ my 1994 Civic DX coupe -vs- 2003 Eclipse GT 3.5L V6 ~

Results:

Well we count it off and launch off the light. I totally launch on his ass, rev to 8000 rpm, and shift. but i misshifted. but i quickly corrected my mistake and kept on in front of him. i beat him cause i backed off once we got to 125 mph goin around a slight corner. i beat him, but he was on my rear fender.

then we had a few runs starting around 40mph-120mph. i beat him everytime, but not even by a car length.

anyways i cant believe how fast that fukin eclipse is. he almost had me. but now i gotta deal with anti-freeze spill all over under my hood. but it was worth it...it felt good to race my baby, since i havent in like 1 or 2 months. :D i think i woulda smoked him if my car wasnt running like on the hottest limit before it blew.

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :thumbs up:

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah its cool that you won :thumbs up: but what were you thinking racing it when it was overheated :what:

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
badass.... lol :D :thumbs up:

keep winning!

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sweet! nice kill(s) :thumbs up: now i have something to shuv in my bud's face who's a huge fan of the new eclipse gt's. hah. he's a big domestic junky too. :mrgreen:

Violator

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice kill, those eclipse's have some torque, I had trouble beating one up here, but by 3rd gear I was walking him. Nice kill...Flexin the DX.

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yet again...props to non-vtec killing machines! Maybe you could beat that Cadillac that beat me!

98civichx

SILVER EJ7
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "99ExCoupe"

Yet again...props to non-vtec killing machines! Maybe you could beat that Cadillac that beat me!
your 99 ex should be v-tec dood anywho nice race but im stumpped as to how you beat him what mods and how much power do you have dls? my bud has a 2001 gt and spanks most of the civics down here.

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My civic is v-tec...I am was talking about DLS's car...its a non-vtec civic that smokes si's! PROPS

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol i have a suggestions for over heating.....on the fuel line put wooden clothes pins, no joke...they will suck up the heat....i had a ol beater that would do that, when i stuck on teh pins and i never over heated again =)

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
how exactly would that work concidering wood doesnt conduct heat? if you used metal or something i could see, but wood just doesnt conduct heat

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow this thread has been brought back from the dead. the overheating problem was caused by a blown head gasket. i took it to a shop to get a new head gasket, and have a skunk2 cam gear and b&m fuel pressure regulator put on. 10 miles fater i left the shop the motor blew. my car has been sittin in my garage for the past 2-3 months. im waiting on the beraueu of automotive repairs to come investigate what happened, and see if i can get a new motor free of charge from the place that totally f**ked me over.

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn reading this posts brings back memories of this once in a life time superman dx. i cant wait to get a new motor with 30k miles on it (same motor as the one i had before) ...im just gonna take everything out of my old motor and put it in my new one, and have the same car as before...ahhh i cant wait