Matt's Daily Driven FG3

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm not a fan of how the new 9th gens look but I'm definitely interested in your plans :thumbs up.

:like: the rear license plate LED's. I love mine. Do the interior too. I replaced my map light and dome ones.

JDMxDB8

Corners > Straights
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice ride... finally another 9th on here lol
Thanks. Yeah, I noticed that there aren't many 9th Gens here yet.

Looks great so far. Can't wait to see what you do to it.
Thanks bro. I have a few plans for her. Just have to wait and see.

Very nice bro :thumbup:
Thank you!

I'm not a fan of how the new 9th gens look but I'm definitely interested in your plans :thumbs up.

:like: the rear license plate LED's. I love mine. Do the interior too. I replaced my map light and dome ones.
Thanks. I'm planning on getting a set of LEDs for the interior and the reverse lights. :thumbs up

JDMxDB8

Corners > Straights
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yesterday, I took the day off work to hang out with my cousin who was visiting from San Diego. We decided to go to Newcomb's Ranch up in Angeles Crest to grab a bite. Even though it was raining, we didn't care. We love driving in the rain! :tu:

Warming up the cars before our departure.

We stopped at a turn-out after my cousin (FG1) ran over some black ice and understeered into a wall of rock and snow. Luckily, he didn't get hurt and the car seemed to be okay mechanically and visually. After we pulled over and got out of our cars, we started laughing hysterically. It was one of those moments like on Top Gear when one of the presenters messes up while driving and says, "Oh that's not gone well!". Lol! After doing some inspections, we proceeded up the mountain towards Newcomb's Ranch.

As we gained altitude, the snow started coming down more and harder. Before we knew it, we were driving on a couple of inches of snow on our mediocre all-season tires. I didn't have much trouble with traction due to my tires being fairly new and VSA (Vehicle Stability Assist). Traction was a bit of an issue with my cousin's FG1 which was using Falken Ziex ZE-912 tires. If they were new, he wouldn't have any trouble, but unfortunately they had only about 50% of treadlife. Seeing the danger of having extremely limited traction, we decided to head back down and just head to Denny's.

Later on in the day, we discovered that the FG1's rear-driver side tire had a leak and had it plugged. It might have been why he lost control. It's a possible factor.

Overall, we had a blast even though we were forced to stop and turn back around. For being 100% stock and driving in wet/freezing conditions, the FG3 performed tremendously. I see a lot of potential in his 9th Generation Civic chassis. I can't wait to see how she does with a wider wheel/tire setup and some coilovers to lower the center of gravity and increase the valving/spring rates.

JDMxDB8

Corners > Straights
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I tracked my FG3 this past Sunday at the Raceline USA Round 2 Open Track Event at Buttonwillow Raceway Park. My transponder didn't work, but I'd have to say that I clocked somewhere around 2:25.xxx. Not bad for a bone stock Civic with 15" steelies and 500 treadwear all-season tires.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks good on the corner exits. torque ftw

JDMxDB8

Corners > Straights
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just ordered Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs. I'm going to pick them up and install them next week.

JDMxDB8

Corners > Straights
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Finally picked up the Eibach Pro-Kit yesterday and installed them onto the FG3. Not too much of a drop, but for the price I got them for, I can't complain. Also since they're the only lowering springs available for the FG3/FB2, I really can't complain. Lol! Overall, I'm quite pleased with the Pro-Kit. The ride is not much different from stock. A little stiffer as expected, but nothing close to being uncomfortable. The stock dampers work brilliantly with the increased spring rates. Brake dive has been minimized also along with with body roll. I can't wait to see what Lana can do at Willow Springs International Raceway and Streets of Willow later on this month!

Now for a couple of pictures. Enjoy!