Member participation

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As of right at this moment, out of the current 124,847 members, how many are actually active and posts and how many actually log in?
Has anyone actually run the numbers?
Do accounts get deleted after so much time has passed of inactivity?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nobody gets deleted (unless requested), afaik.

Currently: 124000 members, 5 active.

Compare that to Honda-Tech, 655000 members, 102 active
Compare that to my local car forum, Roclife.org, 2200 members, 10 active....

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What is considered "active"?

Compare that to my local car forum, Roclife.org, 2200 members, 10 active....
Can't believe that place is still around....

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What is considered "active"?

Can't believe that place is still around....
Logged in within the last 24 hours I believe.

There's like 5 active threads on RL... mostly just chatter and OT stuff. The occasional post about a build. The most popular thread is the one where everyone complains lol

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hate to see the direction the site has gone but I believe it’s just forums in general. There are still some active forums but most have been replaced by Facebook groups or other social media.

That being said, I don’t think we would be able to replicate the community we’ve had here on a Facebook group. Usernames, avatars, signatures etc are all part of it imo.

f**kin way she goes I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I hate to see the direction the site has gone but I believe it’s just forums in general. There are still some active forums but most have been replaced by Facebook groups or other social media.

That being said, I don’t think we would be able to replicate the community we’ve had here on a Facebook group. Usernames, avatars, signatures etc are all part of it imo.

f**kin way she goes I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly. I'm in a bunch of facebook car groups and they all suck. No good way to search, mostly bashing and bullshit, etc.

If you drive a base model RSX you basically can't post in the RSX group without getting s**t on lol

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's what makes forums so much more attractive to me, the community is more there with a forum than the shitty FB groups.
Also, with forums, searching archived topics is much easier, making it more efficient to find answers..