Mesh upper grill on 7th gen civic

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a 6th gen coupe and i bought some wire mesh and fabricated my own little grill by taking out the grill shell and modifying it a little.. a friend of mine was wondering if it would work on his car ('04 ex). I am unfamiliar with the newer civics, and from what i can see it looks like the upper grill is a part of the body or something, at least not something you would want to remove... Has anyone changed grills on there civic... can you tell me about it? Would he have to buy a whole new shell and grill type of deal (where they RAPE you on price) or would making it the homemade mesh way work????

04civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont think so bro...

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea im pretty sure u cant just take it out like u can on a 6th gen, i dunno how it would look though. u should post some pics of ur mesh grill cuz im about to buy a mesh grill for my car. NEone know how to put mesh in the lower part( like the bumper) of the front without getting a body kit? does it just come out like the top? sorry for a stupid question

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
alright dude ill go take some pics, whatever you do dont let the man get you to buy the mesh for like 50 bucks, i bought mine at lowes for 1 dollar and 9 cents.. if you want full details about the install pm me

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea my bud was gonna get me a carbon fiber rimmed mesh grill for like 40 but i thought id just make my own

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what about a way to put the mesh as a backdrop to the stock grill... like behind the little bar with the h-logo.. would that work?

Xenin

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i've seen the mesh grill with no H for like $28 on a site.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea ebay ones are pretty cheap....do any of u guys know how u can take out the grill parts on the lower from bumper or what?

civicvtec1ps

7thgencivic.com Mod
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EX 2000 said:
yea ebay ones are pretty cheap....do any of u guys know how u can take out the grill parts on the lower from bumper or what?
Its attached to the bumper.
Just use dremel tool and cut it off,.

Chicohonda02

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you want to change grill get Grillcraft upper grill or the oh so popular RS grill for 7thgens found often on ebay.