Midwest Shop Directory

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok here's what were going to try. Every so often we all run into that one thing we don't have the tools to install or the know how or even the time to. So we cave in and take it to the shop. Well finding a reputable shop these days is like a needle in a haystack. So we're going to start a directory of shops, performance and regular, so if for some reason one of us needs to get a hold of a good shop we can just pull up this directory and find one close to home.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tony's notes.
Remember, that this is NOT free advertising for shops. If you own a shop, please contact Clubcivic Admin to advertise. This section is for sole use of Clubcivic members.
Also, please not chatter posts, lets keep this section clean so anyone can reference it very quick. thanks everyone!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chicagoland Shops
Shop name: Bell Side 7
Phone #:708-301-6633
specialty: just a regular old shop; nice mechanics, and cute receptionists

Shop name: Southwest Spring
Phone #: (773) 767-5100
specialty: swapped out my front control arms, any suspension work they can do, gave me a free alignment, down to earth mechanics,

Shop Name: Bump & Grind. Auto Body
Phone #: (708) 301-6262
Specialty: They run a drag racing team so understandably their body work is kind of expensive but its very good quality. When you call, ask for Doodles, hes a family friends of mine and won several auto body and motorcycle paint awards for his great work. He used to work on my car at One Stop in Chicago but moved. He does awesome work and if you find any flaws in the paint he'll re do it until its right...repainted an entire side of my car because I saw little swirls. Tell him I referred you.

Last edited by a moderator:

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Shop Name & Address:
One 6 Motorsports
610 Bennett Rd.
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Phone #:
(847)593-9490
http://www.one6motorsports.com
Hours:
Monday thru Friday- 10am to 7pm
Saturday- 10am to 5pm
Sunday- Closed
Specialities:
Honda/Acura Certified techs, basic aftermarket parts instock, ordering parts/motors availible, custom engine modifications, basic tune up's, tire changes, etc...
Owners: Mark & Lewis
Techs: Mark, Lewis, Mikey, & Black dood (I forgot his name)
In Shop: Mark & Alex
My Review:
Both me and my husband trust these guys 100% for the last 4 years that I've lived in the area and had all 3 of my current cars worked on by them. :D

Shop Name & Address:
Pro Function
7725 Grant St. Unit 3
Burr Ridge, IL 60527
Phone #:
(847) 895-9520
Hours:
Momday thru Friday- 11am-7pm
Saturday- 11am-5pm
Sunday- By Appt. Only, otherwise Closed
http://www.profunctionauto.com/
Specialities: ASE and EFI University certified staff can service a wide range of vehicles for anything from standard maintenance to full-out race preparation, Dyno tech, crome/hondata etc..
Owner: Mikey
My review:
My husband, John, can vouche for Mikey doing our dyno tunes a few times with our red hatchie and being satisfied 100% with his work the last 2 1/2 years.

Shop Name & Address:
Suja 1 Motoring
508 E. Saint Charles Rd.
Carol Stream, Illinois 60188
Phone #:
(630)407-0711
http://www.suja1.com
Hours:
Monday thru Sunday- 11am-7pm
Specialities: heavy engine modifications
Owner: Jason
My review:
I've never had any work done by these guys, so this is at your own risk. They are kinda pricey for the work they do. We have two friends that have had work done by them and one can vouche for them. The other can tell you what he REALLY thinks of the guys at the shop in some not too kind words. :lol: Their annual bbq's are something to attend every summer.

Shop Name & Address:
The Whip Factory
10148 Clow Creek Dr Ste B
Plainfield, IL 60585
Phone #:
(630)355-3606
http://www.whipfactory.com/
My review:
I've never had any work done by these guys, so this is at your own risk. My buddy Shawn had his lude & coupe swapped and tuned there with minor problems.

Shop Name & Address:
Top Speed
2879 S. Archer Ave
Chicago, IL 60608
Phone #:
(773) 847-3718
(773) 847-1188
Hours:
Mon - Sat
12pm - 9pm
Sun
12pm-4pm

My review:
I've never had any work done by these guys, so this is at your own risk. Plus, I'm not sure how current this information is for the shop. No one I know can afford to have work done by them in the first place. :lol:

tonyM

caca poopoo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Shop name and address
Verns Auto Service
8644 Ogden Ave.
lyons, Il. 60534
Phone number
(708)442-3440
Hours:
M-F 8am - 5pm
S 8am - noon
My review
Owned By Vern and his two sons, Justin and Phil.
They have an awsome neighborhood reputation. They service alot of area Teamsters vehicles.
Also a NAPA certified shop, so they get a parts delivery from the NAPA warehouse twice a day.
The sons Justin and Phil, are Honda gurus. although Justin has shifted more towards Subarus.But they are both VERY knowledgable when it comes to swaps, clutches and aftermarket suspention work. Justin has had cars in most of the import magazines, and has had his work credited with other peoples cars that were featured as well.

And NO, its very hard/impossible to get special deals there. so if you call, I wouldnt ask.

Last edited:

ryanM

Touge Factory

its in elk grove village, hours are 11am-7pm i believe and appointments on saturdays.

www.tougefactory.com

--------------------------------------------

ILL GARAGE

chicago....villa park area

www.illgarage.com

-----------------------------------------

Destruction Warehouse

*not really a shop, just a friend of mine who does EXCELLENT custom fab work out of his garage*

kenosha, WI

www.destructionwarehouse.com

-------------------------------------------------

i'll put more up as i remember them. I like to keep the local scene moving forward, so instead of ordering parts online i try to pick everything up locally, ive dealt with all of these places personally and they are awesome, i recommend them to everyone.

bmyers4321

timmy the testie rules!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
RC Autoworks
7434 West 90th Street
Bridgeview, IL 60455-2122
(708) 599-5884

Review:
I bought a header and didnt have much time to put it on myself. I found these guys online and read some great reviews on them. Sent them and email seeing if they would install it for me and asked around how much. I received and email back quickly stating it was not a problem and with a quote and time to drop the car off. Went over there and no one was there so i waited and no one showed so i left. Emailed again stating what happened and got a reply within a couple hours. He asked what time id like to drop it off the next day so i said same time and he was there. Everything was installed the same day but i was at work, he offered to come back after hours to let me pay and pick it up but waited till the next day. I would recommend this place to anyone on the south side. They are extremely friendly people working there and they are very good at what they do. I was even given a quick tour of the shop and was shown the work they were doing on the cars there and might i say a 1000 hp capable built 00 si wow. Defiantly check them out if in need of work done.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i believe hector and erick goes there to get their cars worked on and very happy about their work ethic there

MUGENknockoff

I can vouch for Suja One in Chicago. Great people, very dedicated, talented and friendly. PB did my NA b-series tune, and it was nothing short of perfection. Great setup there and the shop cars are oh so very proper.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
holy s**t your from carbondale and drove all the way up north now that's crazy

MUGENknockoff

I wouldn't have taken it anywhere else. I was shooting for pretty lofty numbers for an NA b motor, and I considered the tune to be a crucial part of my build. I was grinning ear to ear all the way home. On a side note they are one of very few that carry PIC suspension, which imo is second to none.

Fo-DoeEX

RevLine Motorsports Onwer CHOUNG
Monday - Friday: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday: Closed (winter so you know)
Sunday: Closed
http://www.revlinemotorsports.com/
1010 E. 18th Street
Kansas City, MO 64108
(816)-221-4411

MY REVIEWS: This is the only shop and people i go to and trust. This shop has a high power eg hatch thats runs 9s. There people freindly, and love to greet new comers. Number 1 shop for me.

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
**UPDATE***
iLL Garage has moved to:
827 S Rohlwing Rd
Addison, IL 60101
Phone #:
630-833-5050
Hours:
Monday-Friday: 10am-7pm
Saturday: 10am-5pm
http://illgarage.com/

Shop Name and Address:
Project X Customs
645 Morse Avenue
Schaumburg, IL 60193
Phone #:
224-653-8851
http://www.projectxcustoms.com/

My review:
Ok I'll be honest here I have not had work done YET by these guys, but Larry is an awesome guy and yes I am garage promoting. LOL!

Shop Name and Address:
Pick N Pull
800 West 61st Place
Summit , IL 60501
Phone #:
708-458-2586
Hours:
Mon-Fri 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat-Sun 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
http://www.picknpull.com/

My review:
I've had to get a few parts here for both my hatchies, coupes and malibu. I can't tell you how thankful I am to have found this place and to find used stock parts at reasonable prices in a clinch. They take cash, debit and credit cards! Bring your own tools to dismantle.