Minor suspension lift. (I don't know why everyone is so against this)

Mopar78

My friend and I have recently been contemplating the same thing for our commuters. We were talking about spacers for the top of the springs and I was thinking getting wheel spacers to widen the wheel base for stability to make up for height. I was also thinking skinny and tall tires so the weight would not increase much but it will also still give a little added height. Also looking for suggestions here as this is all guess work thus far.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My friend and I have recently been contemplating the same thing for our commuters. We were talking about spacers for the top of the springs and I was thinking getting wheel spacers to widen the wheel base for stability to make up for height. I was also thinking skinny and tall tires so the weight would not increase much but it will also still give a little added height. Also looking for suggestions here as this is all guess work thus far.
Skinny and tall tires on a lifted vehicle, especially SUV's increases risk of rollover.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Mopar78

Usually true, that's why I said use wheel spacers to widen the wheel base. Tall with stock wheel base is what makes things easy to roll.

FlatRate

5+ Year Member
Best bet is to get larger wheels (preferably OEM) and larger sidewall tires. The problem is you run into rubbing issues if you go too high on them. I know the 1st gen Fit has 16" wheels that will fit. Also you will notice that the 6th gen civic actually went with slightly larger tires compared to 5th gen in terms of 14" tires. 185/65/14 tires vs 185/60/14 tires however 15" stayed the same at 195/55/15. I am almost positive you can fit a size up on the sidewall if you keep or go down on the section width.

Yes it will be more prone to roll over but it will solve your issue of rough rides on potholes and such. Problem with the pictures provided was that it shows those cars with excessively oversize wheel tires. Which may require even more suspension modification on top of the wheel tire combo.

Whizard

Ditto...did you ever end up installing the spacers and stancing your whips?