mods for an HX

C.J.

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anyone know of any direct fit mods for the hx model. things like header, exhaust, or turbos????

C.J.

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anubody?

98civichx

SILVER EJ7
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
most of them do before you go buy any headers check to see if it will fit. and exhaust is easy go to your local GOOD muffler shop and check out prices for 2 inch pipe and get a good muffler from an tuning shop in your area and go that route its easier and a lot cheaper. if you want to go turbo plan on spending about $5,000 or so freind of mine has one on a 96 to 98 ex four door with a d16y7 and he spent 5ks too much dollars for me.

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
turbo should only run you around 2-3 g's...and dont get 2 inch piping, get 2 1/4" or if youre gunna turbo, wait cause you will need 3 inch piping for a turbo

98civichx

SILVER EJ7
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
with the d16 you need to do internal mods too stregthen the block

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
true, but its not gunna cost 3 g's to do them

plus i dunno why you even brought this thread up...its almost 2 months old. the guy prolly already found out what he wanted to do and did it. Please use common sence and read teh date of the post before you post on it.

and by the way, welcome to the site! what kidna car you drive? what mods you got done to it? where you live?

kgbhx44

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's nice to know Im looking in the right place. Just took delivery of my 98 HX yesterday but have been researching nonstop. Many manufacturers except Injen list primarily Ex and DX models on their application lists...not too many HX mods. If most EX parts are compatible than that would help the efforts. Drop a link if you find one C.J.

EG6

Ricky@WhipFactory.com
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I recommend swapping that crappy motor out. You can spend damn near $800 on I/H/E and i'll still spank you in my beater EX. Just save your money bro, and buy a better motor. You'll be MUCH happier in the end.

good luck.

kgbhx44

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That sounds like good advice. Does anyone know of a good tuning shop in the CT area?

WishOfATypeR

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EG6 is right!

Don't waste your money on that motor if you want to go fast. If you are going to want to go N/A, see about getting a B-18C5 (type R), or a B-18C1 (GS-R). If you want to go with a turbo, I would get the B18b1 and put a V-TEC head on it, build it some, and then turbo that (much much better results). Performance isn't cheap...but with those motors I just told you about, you will be muvh more pleased with your results! Happy racing!
-David

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you wanna stand out from the crowd...i dont think ive ever seen a f20c swapped into a civic. f20c is the s2000 motor. that would be soooooo sick if you swapped that in and converted your civic to real wheel drive. youd be in all the import magazines and would get sooo much respect...not to mention POWER...PURE 240 horses of POWER!!!!! :twisted:

and thats 240 hp stock...imagine with a port and polished head, ported intake manifold, racing cams, and turbo kit :shock: :shock:

98civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
"if you wanna stand out from the crowd...i dont think ive ever seen a f20c swapped into a civic. f20c is the s2000 motor. that would be soooooo sick if you swapped that in and converted your civic to real wheel drive. youd be in all the import magazines and would get sooo much respect...not to mention POWER...PURE 240 horses of POWER!!!!!

and thats 240 hp stock...imagine with a port and polished head, ported intake manifold, racing cams, and turbo kit "

uh dude.. i guess you don't know your cars man. a S2000 is a RWD! and thus it would not FIT in the FWD of our civics! get the facts man. it WOULD not work! yes it's true someone did it for a ford but it's because FORD enginneers did it! It's NOT possible unless he MOUNTS the engine in the trunk, change all the axles and everything and thus turning his car into a RWD! other than that a S2000 motor is useless. B18's are great though! best motor EVER for honda!!! but if you want to be slightly different and run away from the crowd. get a B22! more room to work with. =D or hell. i've seen some crazy H22A engine swaps as well, go fig. just pick something not too expensive and just have fun. unless you're going to race then well. Get a B engine. if you're not going to race, just get something with a bit more kick and just IHE and enjoy the ride! peace!

kgbhx44

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I do plan on going N/A but I also want to build something that will pass CT. emissions testing. If I do the LS/VTEC swap I should have a pretty strong powerplant. Is there anyone in the CT area that has done this swap or knows of a good shop to recommend?

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You should talk to Territo and all his palls....maybe he can steal a motor off a 18-wheelers, and also give you a DVD player...worth a shot? Or maybe you could race for it...just do a balanced race like an RX-7 vs. an integra and your civic..I mean...RX-7s and civics are in the same class right..lol :lol:
pardon my B/S message...lol

Exxel82

The Long Forgotten
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You're right 98 civic. Some should know their cars before they post. DLS, some of you post are just rude, and even though you are a moderator, just think about some of the stuff you post. And another thing, you car doesn't put out 180 hp like you think.

kgbhx44

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There you go! Maybe Ill just slap a turbo and some NOS on there too....better yet why dont I put some cool Neon windshild washer lights on my hood....then my car will run in the low 10's right? lol