Moonlighting

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So who works a full-time job and a part-time job?

I have a fairly decent full-time job but I'm trying to buy a house so a little extra income would be nice. I don't absolutely need the second job so I can afford to be a little picky, I just want something I'm not going to hate. Does anyone have a part time job that you love, something fun?

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
work and fun does not go together in my book. wish it would though

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Im actually debating on getting a part time job myself, some extra income wouldnt hurt at all.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
work and fun does not go together in my book. wish it would though
You need to find something you like doing then, I love my full-time job.

CRX_dude

copyright 2006 omgwtflol
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do pizza delievery on the weekends = major tips

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know puma has 2 jobs. but she's probably so busy right now with both of them and her personal life she won't have time to post. im pretty sure she likes her 2nd job. just dislikes the lack of time.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just dislikes the lack of time.
That's what I'm going to hate getting this 2nd job. If I do in fact get hired in the prepared foods department (which I love working with food. I did at my party house job I had for almost 5 years), I know I'll love it and want to learn more and more. I don't hate my full time job but I don't find it GREAT. It's easy and takes absolutely no brain whatsoever so overall I guess I could so I enjoy it.

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I work 2 jobs. I hate it. f**king HATE IT.

I have a masters degree and barely make ends meet with a full time and a part time job that yields me almost 120 hours a pay period.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^damn, that's rough.

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
I work 2 jobs. I hate it. f***ING HATE IT.

I have a masters degree and barely make ends meet with a full time and a part time job that yields me almost 120 hours a pay period.
i know im younger and i may not know much about your life but i would move to a smaller place and go to school meanwhile and fallow them dreams?

bye the way anyone has a good summer job you guys recomend?

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do pizza delivery on the weekends = major tips
I've done pizza delivery in the past, the money's okay but it's really not that great once you factor in gas and wear and tear. It's not out of the question but not really what I'm hoping for.

I work 2 jobs. I hate it. f***ING HATE IT.
What's your Masters in? I've worked 2 jobs before on a couple of occasions. I had a web design job and was a technician at a tire/oil change shop while I was in school. Both were part-time and that wasn't bad because I liked both jobs but it was too much with 18 credit hours.

After I graduated I had a full-time job as a production artist and worked part time as a custom framer. I really hated doing that. My full-time job was just okay and my part-time job was a nightmare. It was a retail setting and I worked with people I couldn't stand.

I guess it just depends on the work environment and the people you're around. I've a had one good and one bad experience with multiple jobs. I'm at a pretty good place in my life right now so I don't want to do something I'm going to hate and introduce myself to unnecessary stress. I WANT the extra money for a house (and actually school too) but I don't NEED it so I have the luxury of being a little picky. Anyone else have any ideas of good nights and weekends kind of jobs? I can always try to pick up some more freelance work as well but that's not really what I was thinking?

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
or pimp out girls online on those chatting sites =) thats how i pay my rent.

puma if you're reading this get back to work! u still need to get to your 3000 token weekly quota!

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
do pizza delievery on the weekends = major tips
Must've overlooked this post. I've been considering picking up a waiter job for this reason. I've got friends that work at restaurants that come home with $100+ a night in tips. It's not every night but a couple hundred extra bucks here and there, no taxes? I wouldn't mind that at all. I just don't know how I feel about dealing with assholes lol.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
cgp - since you have web design experience, why don't you do some freelance web design? Just invest in a bunch of signs / flyers that you can stick all over the city, throw up an ad on craigslist, and do that.

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Go to Walmart parking lot and do headlight restoration on the weekends. I did it once(clear it with walmart first) and I made a couple hundred charging $30 for both and $20 for one. I used the turtle wax kit mixed with high grit sand paper and people were leaving there cars and going shopping.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cgp - since you have web design experience, why don't you do some freelance web design? Just invest in a bunch of signs / flyers that you can stick all over the city, throw up an ad on craigslist, and do that.
I do some freelance work actually, it's just not as consistent as I would like. Pursuing more is always an option though. I've used Craigslist before to try to pursue freelance work but it's generally just a cluster f***. It's all super low-end work for people who don't want to pay anything close to reasonable.

I know this ultimately boils down to what I want to do and no one can tell me what I will or won't like. I just thought this might be a good way to generate some ideas, for myself or anyone else for that matter. Let's keep the ideas coming, what part-time jobs have you guys had and enjoyed?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^I was a children's fitness instructor at a chain called My Gym (similar to gymboree if you've ever heard of that). You have to become comfortable with doing awkward things (singing children's songs for example), but aside from that, it was a lot of fun. Hard work, because it's very physical, but enjoyable and rewarding. No previous experience was necessary. You'd probably get paid around 10 an hour, more if you have any experience with that kind of work.