more pics of my 95 civic

UnitZero

First Child
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
wouldn't the engine be going into the wrong car though??

no offense buts its not really a "SPOON" type of car.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yes it would be the wrong type of car, the wrong setup of the car, hell its just plain wrong.

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "handlebarsfsr"

ok well ive done a bit of research, as some members of the board had some issues with what i posted so ill say my piece. this is not an attack on you hellspawn, just a correction of your ideas. first, you will never get 600 hp out of a "spoon engine". heres spoons official website www.spoon.jp/eng go look in the catalog here - http://www.spoon.jp/eng/products/lineup.html first, spoon is first and foremost, a builder of race cars and race parts. they do not, and have not ever, made forced induction honda motors. they deal strictly with n/a applications. so your spoon supercharger doesnt exist. sorry. they also make race cars of one sort- road racers. they do not, and again have not ever made drag racing honda motors. and you cant ever tell me your going to road race your civic with an airbag suspension. you also will have to get a different motor, as spoon currently works on exactly 3 honda motors, the b16a the b18c and the f20b (s2000) none of which your car has. since you cant get a s2k motor in your honda, you would have to use a b16 or b18c, both of which go for around 2500-3500bucks for a full swap. using the exchange rates here for may 23: http://www2.travlang.com/money/money.cgi?curr1=USD&curr2=JPY Current Exchange Rates
As of May 23, 2003, the exchange rates are:
116.81 Japan Yen per United States Dollars
0.0085 United States Dollars per Japan Yen

just browsing some of the prices for spoons stuff, you can see that 12 grand doesnt go very far in buying just parts, and that doesnt include labor. to get an engine assembly, (basically a longblock with their parts and some balancing) your looking at 380,000 yen or 3253 bucks. an engine assembly (crank, pistons, rods, etc) goes for 98,000 yen or 838 bucks, a cam set (intake, exhaust, and cam gears) 42,000 yen per cam, and 28,000 for the gears is 958 bucks, and some rocker arms and valves- (120,000 for the rocker arms, 44,000 for the valves, 44,000 for valve springs, and ill throw in the head bolts and valve seals for free) is 1780, and to hold that together spinning at high rpm's you need a block brease and an oil pan, 240,000 and 260,000 respectively, or total of 4280. whew, thats some math. now for just the longblock, including the purchase of the motor itself (lets say 2200 for a b16a), we have spent..... $13,309, not including labor. we also havent beefed up the suspension, the tranny, gotten the rest of the engine accessories needed (injectors, pumps, mounts, electronics, intake/exhaust, etc) increase your 12 grand to maybe 30 grand and you now have a fully built "spoon engine", one with about as much horsepower as a really well tuned turbo kit would get you. and with all that crap on your car, even with an engine like this, you'd still struggle to run 13's or to out run a stock civic on a racetrack. you might, and i stress might be able to build a 600 hp motor with 12 grand, but you'd have to get some very good deals on parts and labor to do it. you'd also need the rest of that 30 grand to fix all the parts you'd break. 600 hp 4 cylinders arent reliable. the car wouldnt be driveable around town either, you would kill yourself trying to harness that power. now are you done lying, or are you going to keep pretending your car is in the fast and the furious and insult our intelligence further?

i like this guy :ok:

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "OZ99"

I think one horse will be able to pull the Spoon motor around on a carriage.
LOL!!!!!! this guy is to funny!!!! :lol:
and then you can eat something with a spoon also :lol:

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lets stop the flaming... if we have nothing good to say about his car (and i dont)... lets just keep the negative comments to a minimum... maybe one day he will have his engine (whatever it may be) and it may have "some" spoon parts.. and then he can reflect back on this thread, and rub it all in your faces (allthough i doubt that will happen)

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok wow lots in this thrad...the car, to rice for me, but if youve a rice taste, then it looks pretty good....on the motor, id buy a nice b series and turbo it....and yeah one more thing, not to flame, but 600 hp(if you can get it) on a airbag suspension.....you will tear that suspension up so quick, it wont be funny, itll never handle it....see constructive criticism

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
why should we not be allowed to express our opinion on his car, he posted it up here with the express purpose of finding our opinion on it. we gave it to him. are we all that immature that we cant have negative opinions of people's cars here? this is not kindergarten, and our mommies arent here to tell us "if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything". this is a message board, where adults and near adults (well in age anyway, not attitude) exchange ideas. some of those ideas are negative. deal with it.

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

why should we not be allowed to express our opinion on his car, he posted it up here with the express purpose of finding our opinion on it. we gave it to him. are we all that immature that we cant have negative opinions of people's cars here? this is not kindergarten, and our mommies arent here to tell us "if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything". this is a message board, where adults and near adults (well in age anyway, not attitude) exchange ideas. some of those ideas are negative. deal with it.
true.. true... but then i dont want to hear "where are the mods in this forum??? its getting out of hand"...

you can talk sh*t... but just dont take it too far... sure you can dish it... but whats gonna happen when you are on the other end...

i agree we are all adults (or near adults) but some times it doesnt show

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hehe i dont mind being on teh other side, when i first signed up i was terrorized by peeps on my opinion of the turbo issue.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well andrew, i see where youre coming from with the non-flame authority that youve been showing, but on another thread, the restrictions were stated a little better. it was something along the lines of dont rag on someones intelligence, or them personally. these guys, especially the man who is living up to the walking encyclopedia, arent totally ragging on the person...personally, but more on what they stated about their car. i figure its all up for discussion/debate, as long as the personal insults get kept to a minimun. if we couldnt correct peoples false statements, then every ricer would be talking about their 700 hp k20's in their 95 sedans and crap and we wouldnt be able to say different. i dunno, these guys corrected the information about the car, sure, they accuse the guy of being a liar (im not saying he isnt), but theyre not totally insulting the guy, more like setting him straight

of topic...but back on topic. am i correct in saying that spoon has an integra type r (rsx) on their team, i saw it at HIN. i was just wondering if theyve started working on the k series, or is it just an integra on their squad that they havent quite gotten situated yet?

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i agree with you justin.... but i would love to see all negative comments/insults taken too PM or something like that... insult his/her car... if it rice tell them... if its nice tell them too.... but if you think the guy/girl is a moron, and that you are better than them because you like stock taillights and they prefer altezza's.... take it to PM or email or go meet them and settle it mano-e-mano....

this is clubcivic.... so insult the car, but not the person...

i might not know what im talking about... but i wanna hear opinions on cars.. not how some guy is a "f*cking dumba*s" or sh*t like that.....

grrrrrrrr

98CivicLX2

Honda Power!!!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok you can get pretty close to 600 hp on a honda block...but this is no where near a stock honda block the block has to be one that that has been bored out bigger then ur mom then sleeved to hell and every other after market block reinforcer...you will also have to replace the top end with s**t that can take so much boost and ur bottom end is goin to need it to..you also will probably not get this without NAWWSS!!!! and of course your goin to need about a trillion times trying to tune the mother f**ker and man what u goin to use lol a t78 turbo or something =) your goin to need mad boost and this car by no means will be close to a daily driver you will have to run like 6 psi daily if u are goin to....also you wont be able to get close to 600 without being on race gas...so i would shoot for 500 not 600 u can make a close to 500 hp civic that is more reliable then a 600

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "abej6"

handlebarsfsr said:
true.. true... but then i dont want to hear "where are the mods in this forum??? its getting out of hand"...

you can talk sh*t... but just dont take it too far... sure you can dish it... but whats gonna happen when you are on the other end...

what, exactly have i said that have made a thread get out of handt? yea ive been a bit harsh, but so what? you dont think ive ever been on the recieving end of a flaming? its called i dont give a rats ass what anyone else thinks of me, my car, or my attitude, whether its online or in real life. if someone likes me, my car, or whatever, fine. if they dont, fine too. this is america, its a free country. im only talkin s**t because, im sorry, but this kids attitude, goals, and his car i find totally distasteful. but notice ive never, ever, in this or any other thread bashed his car. i didnt say "its a ricey pos" or whatever. i would rather provide him with a set of facts and a different perspective on not only his car, but the rest of his life. i do not, and will not ever impose my opinions or beliefs on anyone, but i will provide facts to anyone who asks. he stated numerious incorrect things, and yea at first i made fun of him, but then, like always, i brough in FACTS. and i posted links to everywhere that i got my information if anyone wants to question my facts or my math. you cannot make 600 hp out of a spoon motor. hell, there is no such product as a "spoon motor" theres no where on spoons site to purchase such a thing. you may have a motor built with spoon parts, or spoon parts on your honda engine, but no one has a "spoon engine". he also stated that he didnt want to be like every other modified civic out there, yet from where i stand, his car is EXACTLY like most riced out civics out there. hell, read his quote from the other thread of his pics-
Originally posted by "hell_spawn3069"

Yea you are partly right but I do know some stuff about it and I will use an H22A engine
he agreed with me when i was saying that he didnt know about engines or about building one! how can i be flaming him when he (partly) agrees with me? (on a side note spoon does not do much at all for the h22a, if anything. im just to lazy at the moment to look up exactly what parts they carry for it, but i do know its not much) i simply showed him that his goals were false and impossible to achieve.

i have talked to several members of this board both on private messages and on aim, and i have never judged them, never insulted them, their cars, or anything. i simply provide facts, and when asked, i give my opinion, which is based on facts and expericence. i dont want to sound like i think im better than anyone else, because im not, and ill be the first to admit it. there are a lot of things i dont know, both about cars and everything else in the world. im sure there are many areas of study that most members of this board know 10 times as much as me. a very short time ago, i was a noob to this sport too. we all were. im doing the best i can to share what ive learned with anyone who wants to know it, and im trying to continue learning as much as i can, because there is lots more to know. im sorry it just gets a bit tiring, and irritating when someone comes on and claims the world of their car and its so blatantly false that you dont know where to start to correct them, or if its even worth it. but i cannot, and will not take back any of my statements.

this board is not turning into other boards because of the comments of me, dls, or anyone else who doesnt like this kids car or attitude. if anything, it would be you, the moderators that make the change. if you start editing posts to get rid of anything negative said, you will turn this board into EXACTLY what you are trying to avoid. you know those boards with the nazi mods who ban people at the slightest provication, you all know which ones im talking about (h-t,csi,etc), well cc will join them. this is not the "barny fun times play board" where everyone has to be happy and friendly and love each other. this is a place where enthusiasts come to exchange ideas and for noobs to learn about the sport. and if that means conflicting opinions, some s**t slinging, or some flaming, who cares? are we that childish that no one can stand being called a bad word by some clown over the internet? its pretty simple- if you cant stand the heat get out of the fire. if you dont want to get into an arguement, dont argue. its that simple.

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

abej6 said:
handlebarsfsr said:

what, exactly have i said that have made a thread get out of handt? yea ive been a bit harsh, but so what? you dont think ive ever been on the recieving end of a flaming? its called i dont give a rats ass what anyone else thinks of me, my car, or my attitude, whether its online or in real life. if someone likes me, my car, or whatever, fine. if they dont, fine too. this is america, its a free country. im only talkin because, im sorry, but this kids attitude, goals, and his car i find totally distasteful. but notice ive never, ever, in this or any other thread bashed his car. i didnt say "its a ricey pos" or whatever. i would rather provide him with a set of facts and a different perspective on not only his car, but the rest of his life. i do not, and will not ever impose my opinions or beliefs on anyone, but i will provide facts to anyone who asks. he stated numerious incorrect things, and yea at first i made fun of him, but then, like always, i brough in FACTS. and i posted links to everywhere that i got my information if anyone wants to question my facts or my math. you cannot make 600 hp out of a spoon motor. hell, there is no such product as a "spoon motor" theres no where on spoons site to purchase such a thing. you may have a motor built with spoon parts, or spoon parts on your honda engine, but no one has a "spoon engine". he also stated that he didnt want to be like every other modified civic out there, yet from where i stand, his car is EXACTLY like most riced out civics out there. hell, read his quote from the other thread of his pics-
Originally posted by "hell_spawn3069"

Yea you are partly right but I do know some stuff about it and I will use an H22A engine
he agreed with me when i was saying that he didnt know about engines or about building one! how can i be flaming him when he (partly) agrees with me? (on a side note spoon does not do much at all for the h22a, if anything. im just to lazy at the moment to look up exactly what parts they carry for it, but i do know its not much) i simply showed him that his goals were false and impossible to achieve.

i have talked to several members of this board both on private messages and on aim, and i have never judged them, never insulted them, their cars, or anything. i simply provide facts, and when asked, i give my opinion, which is based on facts and expericence. i dont want to sound like i think im better than anyone else, because im not, and ill be the first to admit it. there are a lot of things i dont know, both about cars and everything else in the world. im sure there are many areas of study that most members of this board know 10 times as much as me. a very short time ago, i was a noob to this sport too. we all were. im doing the best i can to share what ive learned with anyone who wants to know it, and im trying to continue learning as much as i can, because there is lots more to know. im sorry it just gets a bit tiring, and irritating when someone comes on and claims the world of their car and its so blatantly false that you dont know where to start to correct them, or if its even worth it. but i cannot, and will not take back any of my statements.

this board is not turning into other boards because of the comments of me, dls, or anyone else who doesnt like this kids car or attitude. if anything, it would be you, the moderators that make the change. if you start editing posts to get rid of anything negative said, you will turn this board into EXACTLY what you are trying to avoid. you know those boards with the nazi mods who ban people at the slightest provication, you all know which ones im talking about (h-t,csi,etc), well cc will join them. this is not the "barny fun times play board" where everyone has to be happy and friendly and love each other. this is a place where enthusiasts come to exchange ideas and for noobs to learn about the sport. and if that means conflicting opinions, some slinging, or some flaming, who cares? are we that childish that no one can stand being called a bad word by some clown over the internet? its pretty simple- if you cant stand the heat get out of the fire. if you dont want to get into an arguement, dont argue. its that simple.
i liked what you said before...and now im liking what youve said even more. you have said exactly what i was thinking. abej plz stop editing my posts. wheter you believe it or not, they took time to write. i didnt just blurt somethin out. you have NO right to edit what MY OPINIONS are. we are not kids, so plz stop trying to act like a parent. this guy posted his car for no other reason then to brag and get opinions. i gave him mine, and he will have to live with them. im too lazy to type more.

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh and i never bashed him directly, i gave him my opinions on his RICE. and then you edited what i said on the other post he made. all i said was s**t about his car, not about him...so what gives you the right to edit what i said?

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
unfortuntately because he is the mod he does have the right to change whatever he wants whenever he wants. im asking him to restrict his post edits to only remove those posts that absolutely need to be, ie personal threats.

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ok first off.... i am not calling you guys out...
i realize this is not barneys play land.. or something like that... but i have to start editing posts somewhere... if i dont start now... when should i... when its too late???

once again... i am a noob to "moderating".. so if im not doing a good job... PM me and tell me what im doing wrong.. try and help the situation... i have to learn too.... :?

grrrrrr...... =)

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if anything, it would be you, the moderators that make the change. if you start editing posts to get rid of anything negative said, you will turn this board into EXACTLY what you are trying to avoid. you know those boards with the nazi mods who ban people at the slightest provication,
are you suggesting we remove the moderator title.... :what:

abej plz stop editing my posts. wheter you believe it or not, they took time to write. i didnt just blurt somethin out. you have NO right to edit what MY OPINIONS are. we are not kids, so plz stop trying to act like a parent.
sorry man.. dont take it personal... but i am a mod... justin gave me the title... and if i see your post unfit or unfair in any way.. i will edit it... plain and simple.... im no "nazi-mod".. but if myself and other members see your's or anyone else's posts innapropriate (sp)... then they will be changed...

like i said before..i am not picking on you... but some of your recent posts have seemed a little out of place.... WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!!!! :what:

and if i were your parents ... i would have grounded you and taken away your allowance allready :D

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i was only saying this board would become like others IF you start editing posts and banning members for little or no reason. you should keep your mod title, you earned it. just dont abuse it.

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

i was only saying this board would become like others IF you start editing posts and banning members for little or no reason. you should keep your mod title, you earned it. just dont abuse it.
ok im glad we are all cleared up on this but...... :? how did I abuse my mod title... all i did was edit a post i deemed unnecessary... no one was banned or given a warning for little or no reason... if a moderators duties include "editing unnecessary or meaningless posts"... than how can he/she do their job without being "jumped on"...... im confused :what: :?

can someone shed some light on this dark subject (<-- to me at least... :( )