more pics of my 95 civic

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cool nice car man!!! :thumbs up:
Sorry about not believing you, but it just looked liek you got that car off a web sit =)
Good job, prove me wrong. Welcome to club civic!!! 8)

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey thanks for stickin around. That's a lot of work on that car ... not to my taste, but I can still see the hard work put into it. Good job! Welcome to the club! Hope you stick around and if you can answer some of our questions, please feel free to chip in!

hell_spawn3069

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks, i got a business card in my passenger seat at carlisle this year so I thought cool

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ya that car is all riced out, good job :!:
I dont know about the rims though, i think white would look tight on that car

hell_spawn3069

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
White does look good but a lot of people around where I live already have white rims and I don't want to be like everyone else around here, that's why I am going with spoon for a motor, because I don't know of anyone around where I live even remotely close to here that has one.

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How many horses does a spoon come w/ and what price you pay?

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think one horse will be able to pull the Spoon motor around on a carriage.

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "hell_spawn3069"

I am hoping to have about 600 horsepower and I am guessing it will cost about $12 grand
okay... i hope those are not realistic dreams.... i think thats outrageously high hp #'s.... :shock: :alcoholic: :slap:

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hbasdhvsavaghhahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for giving me the laugh of the year. when i saw that pic of your rear wing!!!! im still laughing cant stop!!! ahahhaahahhahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

you plannin on riding off a cliff anytime soon?!?!!!!!!!!!! ahahahha!

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "hell_spawn3069"

I am hoping to have about 600 horsepower and I am guessing it will cost about $12 grand

aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahaha! omg man you crack me up...ahahaha! dude this is deffinetly worthy of featured rice of the year material. theres one good thing about your car, and only ONE: you shouldnt have a hard time getting it into the movie 2F2F or any of the sequals that may come up. you seriously need a reality check with those hp numbers

and please enlighten us all...what methods will you use to achieve those numbers...what you got in mind?

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
tru....600 horsepowaz is kinda high.... but ifyou get it up there, show us some dynos

when do you plan on gettin this engine anyway?

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
don't read much, huh? i've seen a handful of 600+ hp motors............. none of them began life as a spoon motor, though. a much more realistic number would be 450hp, which is attainable with a fully (and properly) built b16 and t3/t4 turbo setup....... that'll put you in the 12's going backwards.

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
youve seen a ton of HONDA 600+ hp motors???? ive seen a ton of high 300+ honda motor but i dont think ive ever heard of a honda motor producing more than like 450..

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ok well ive done a bit of research, as some members of the board had some issues with what i posted so ill say my piece. this is not an attack on you hellspawn, just a correction of your ideas. first, you will never get 600 hp out of a "spoon engine". heres spoons official website www.spoon.jp/eng go look in the catalog here - http://www.spoon.jp/eng/products/lineup.html first, spoon is first and foremost, a builder of race cars and race parts. they do not, and have not ever, made forced induction honda motors. they deal strictly with n/a applications. so your spoon supercharger doesnt exist. sorry. they also make race cars of one sort- road racers. they do not, and again have not ever made drag racing honda motors. and you cant ever tell me your going to road race your civic with an airbag suspension. you also will have to get a different motor, as spoon currently works on exactly 3 honda motors, the b16a the b18c and the f20b (s2000) none of which your car has. since you cant get a s2k motor in your honda, you would have to use a b16 or b18c, both of which go for around 2500-3500bucks for a full swap. using the exchange rates here for may 23: http://www2.travlang.com/money/money.cgi?curr1=USD&curr2=JPY Current Exchange Rates
As of May 23, 2003, the exchange rates are:
116.81 Japan Yen per United States Dollars
0.0085 United States Dollars per Japan Yen

just browsing some of the prices for spoons stuff, you can see that 12 grand doesnt go very far in buying just parts, and that doesnt include labor. to get an engine assembly, (basically a longblock with their parts and some balancing) your looking at 380,000 yen or 3253 bucks. an engine assembly (crank, pistons, rods, etc) goes for 98,000 yen or 838 bucks, a cam set (intake, exhaust, and cam gears) 42,000 yen per cam, and 28,000 for the gears is 958 bucks, and some rocker arms and valves- (120,000 for the rocker arms, 44,000 for the valves, 44,000 for valve springs, and ill throw in the head bolts and valve seals for free) is 1780, and to hold that together spinning at high rpm's you need a block brease and an oil pan, 240,000 and 260,000 respectively, or total of 4280. whew, thats some math. now for just the longblock, including the purchase of the motor itself (lets say 2200 for a b16a), we have spent..... $13,309, not including labor. we also havent beefed up the suspension, the tranny, gotten the rest of the engine accessories needed (injectors, pumps, mounts, electronics, intake/exhaust, etc) increase your 12 grand to maybe 30 grand and you now have a fully built "spoon engine", one with about as much horsepower as a really well tuned turbo kit would get you. and with all that crap on your car, even with an engine like this, you'd still struggle to run 13's or to out run a stock civic on a racetrack. you might, and i stress might be able to build a 600 hp motor with 12 grand, but you'd have to get some very good deals on parts and labor to do it. you'd also need the rest of that 30 grand to fix all the parts you'd break. 600 hp 4 cylinders arent reliable. the car wouldnt be driveable around town either, you would kill yourself trying to harness that power. now are you done lying, or are you going to keep pretending your car is in the fast and the furious and insult our intelligence further?