Most Quiet Header (D-Series)

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just got my car back from the shop with a fresh mini-me and APEXi WS2. I replaced my previous rotted GReddy system so my current setup is:
DC Sports Ceramic 4-2-1 2-Piece
Jackson Racing catalytic converter
APEXi WS2 cat back exhaust

It sounds much better than it did... but I think I have an exhaust leak between the upper and lower section of the header so I'm looking to replace the header now. I'm looking for a 4-2-1 but won't rule out 4-1 set-ups. I would like it to be stainless and it must be a 1-piece header. I've heard mention of certain headers being particularly loud before but not particulary quiet. Anyone have a good suggestion, it's for a D16Y8. DC Sports might be the best option but are there any others I should consider?

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Knowing that you arent going to get big power gains, i wouldnt spend alot of money.

If you can find a slightly used one, that would be your best bet.

DC sports are nice so that is a good idea.

i have a ractive header, its not expensive but it does the trick and it is not as expensive as dc sports

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do you say Megan because it is quieter than DC Sports or because it is a better value? I don't mind spending, I just want the best product that meets my requirements (stainless, one piece, and as quiet as possible). I know Megan is a decent brand but other than price, is there any reason to choose them over DC Sports. I'm not even necessarily looking for a lot of power, just a good looking and good sounding reliable set up.

Ractive is not a brand I would consider.