motor mounts?

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So, ive heard that new motor mounts go best with the ingalls torque damper, but ive been searching for some "performance" mounts for my ek, but cant find anything...so experience / opinions on this?

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
energy suspion moutn inserts are good, i got them and had a dampner, but i dont need it, the inserts do just fine, the motor dont move at all , i can stand on it and try to rock it back and forth.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Green 91 said:
energy suspion moutn inserts are good, i got them and had a dampner, but i dont need it, the inserts do just fine, the motor dont move at all , i can stand on it and try to rock it back and forth.
well, I just put mine up for sale because I was looking for full mounts, but maybe ill keep them? Theres how many motor mounts total (OEM)? Cause right now I only have 3 sets of inserts, so where would I get the remaining inserts?

SpeedFiends

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sk8shorty017 said:
well, I just put mine up for sale because I was looking for full mounts, but maybe ill keep them? Theres how many motor mounts total (OEM)? Cause right now I only have 3 sets of inserts, so where would I get the remaining inserts?
3 sets of inserts is all Energy Suspension supplies in their kit, as far as the motor goes, or I can set you up with Hasport replacement mounts

AMR Engineering

5+ Year Member
JDMk20A2 said:
3 sets of inserts is all Energy Suspension supplies in their kit, as far as the motor goes, or I can set you up with Hasport replacement mounts
I like the jimfab motormounts. They are easy to install and does the job while not screwing with the larger stock motor mounts.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
JDMk20A2 said:
So, then for instance for a 99 coupe, d16y8, theres only 3 motor mounts?

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you have a rear motormount, upper driver side mount and a tranny mount. you also have two trq mounts that mount to the lower front of the motor however i dont believe you can get inserts for those (or even aftermarket replacements for that matter).

SpeedFiends

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sk8shorty017 said:
So, then for instance for a 99 coupe, d16y8, theres only 3 motor mounts?
yessir no way it would have more than 3, left right and rear

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ES only provides three mount insert sets, but you can buy the remaining mount for the front upper driver side mount. Don't worry about the tranny support mount, it doesn't do too much but hold the tranny up.

Here is the remaining mount not included in that kit http://www.prostreetonline.com/buy/prothane_motor_mount_inserts/8-504/

The picture is wrong, but I asure you, the mount is right.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well, what about this mount then? is it considered one the 3 main ones? Because non of the motor mounts I received worked for this mount:

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats the mount I provided a link for.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stealthy said:
you have a rear motormount, upper driver side mount and a tranny mount. you also have two trq mounts that mount to the lower front of the motor however i dont believe you can get inserts for those (or even aftermarket replacements for that matter).
No, ES's kit provides the two inserts for the front torque mounts, and the rear mount. The tranny mount as you called it is just a support.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that link you provided though is a whole nother kit.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so the tranny support would give me all "5" mounts?

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got insers for all 4 of my mounts

bcivichb

Driving South
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
from what i understand once you upgrade mounts past stock you dont even need the torque mounts anymore