Motor week 2006 civic

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i dont get how the 99-00 si and the 06+ si are the same speed even tho the 06+ are more powerful :???:

maybe has something to do with weight and that all that good junk...but still....

MR99si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
amej8 said:
i dont get how the 99-00 si and the 06+ si are the same speed even tho the 06+ are more powerful :???:

maybe has something to do with weight and that all that good junk...but still....
I recently test drove a new si and it didn't feel any faster than my 99 si when it was stock. :what:

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sounds like a bad driver to me, trap speed is pretty high which means a shitty launch, this makes me question that 14.11 1/4 that dude has posted over the i'net w/ just intake and greddy exhaust

MR99si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
j_fukin_t said:
sounds like a bad driver to me, trap speed is pretty high which means a shitty launch, this makes me question that 14.11 1/4 that dude has posted over the i'net w/ just intake and greddy exhaust

14.11 thats what my buddies 02 gt mustang runs, no way in hell the 06 civic si with intake & exhaust is as fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i wouldnt say they arent as fast as a gt. My buddy had a stock rsx type-s, same motor as the new Si, and he beat an 02 wrx with intake and exhaust. it depends what tkinda of driver you are.

MR99si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SleepingSol said:
i wouldnt say they arent as fast as a gt. My buddy had a stock rsx type-s, same motor as the new Si, and he beat an 02 wrx with intake and exhaust. it depends what tkinda of driver you are.
if thats the case that WRX driver needs to sell his car cause he obviously can't drive it, them things pull outta the hole SO hard it ain't funny & the sti's are even worse, and MR i'm w/ ya on the BS on the 14.11's they have to have more work done than that, so dont' think i'm agreeing ;)

BoxinEJ20

Dr. 20G
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MR99si said:
LOL first off a wrx will loose to a newer gt and I have seen about a dozen races between rsx types s' & wrx's and they all end like this!

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/rsx/7/C2DF9305-F914-4D18-BDD6-641EC637A436.htm

A rsx type s is a 15 sec car same as a gsr!
wrx and a late model 2000 body style gt is a drivers race in the 1/4. Up top the gt will walk the wrx.

I called BS a long time ago about that 14.1 with only intake and exhaust... Most people that atleast FREQUENT a race track once or twice a year know that those mods will not drop 1.5 seconds in the 1/4.

MR99si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BoxinEJ20 said:
wrx and a late model 2000 body style gt is a drivers race in the 1/4. Up top the gt will walk the wrx.

I called BS a long time ago about that 14.1 with only intake and exhaust... Most people that atleast FREQUENT a race track once or twice a year know that those mods will not drop 1.5 seconds in the 1/4.

A 2000ish GT is faster in the 1/4 than a 02' wrx, I belive motortrend rated it at 14.7 in the 1/4 mile! I have been in my buddies 02 gt with just a K&N and every non sti he's raced he's beat no problem, from a dig they are monsters but after they get rolling they are tirds stock.

BoxinEJ20

Dr. 20G
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MR99si said:
A 2000ish GT is faster in the 1/4 than a 02' wrx, I belive motortrend rated it at 14.7 in the 1/4 mile! I have been in my buddies 02 gt with just a K&N and every non sti he's raced he's beat no problem, from a dig they are monsters but after they get rolling they are tirds stock.
A properly driven 2.0 wrx will run 14.1 in the 1/4

the 2.5 06 wrx have been shown to reach 13.7s

MR99si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BoxinEJ20 said:
A properly driven 2.0 wrx will run 14.1 in the 1/4

the 2.5 06 wrx have been shown to reach 13.7s
I've seen quite a few stock wrx's at the track that were launched hard and had good drivers behind the wheel, they were running around 14.5 14.6.

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Motorweek sucks. Their show annoys the s**t outta me.

BoxinEJ20

Dr. 20G
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MR99si said:
I've seen quite a few stock wrx's at the track that were launched hard and had good drivers behind the wheel, they were running around 14.5 14.6.
well the drivers couldnt have been that good. Because with as many wrx track days ive been to ive seen plenty of stock cars run 14.1 with a few breaking 14.0

Every track is different but with myself having been to 3 around ohio, the times have been relatively consistant.

Im also on plenty of wrx forums and know a few people that have timeslips posted that are 14.1 or lower

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
MR99si said:
14.11 thats what my buddies 02 gt mustang runs, no way in hell the 06 civic si with intake & exhaust is as fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i was at the track saturday, a girl drove a bone stock 06 si, bad launches and got 15.0 and that's at our track which is known as a slow track

MR99si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
steve98ex said:
i was at the track saturday, a girl drove a bone stock 06 si, bad launches and got 15.0 and that's at our track which is known as a slow track
1/8 mile :laugh:

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Someone needs to learn how to launch...the car is a lot quicker than 15.6, just look at the trap speed for proof. It's an easy flat 15 second car

MR99si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BoxinEJ20 said:
well the drivers couldnt have been that good. Because with as many wrx track days ive been to ive seen plenty of stock cars run 14.1 with a few breaking 14.0
Makes sense to me a wrx that weighs what 100lbs less than a GT mustang and has almost 100ft lbs less torque can keep up. AWD helps but not that much! Not calling anyone a liar or anything but the #'s just don't add up. I have driven two 260hp gt's and a wrx, the wrx simply isn't as fast in the 1/4 mile.