Mufflers

RacerCivicEx17

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what kind of mufflers you like? I dont have a car now, but I will get the car in the summer. Thank for your help.

deval

Sprint/Nextel Geek
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
out of curiousity...just a new muffler...with stock pipe and cat converter, is there a difference in speed or power? i mean...im lookin into this muffler...

let me know..thanks

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nooooooooooooooooooooooo...... :roll:

in my opinion, dont get those slanted tips, they blong on dsm or ugly chevy cavaliers and sunfires.

if you want dual tipped exhaust get someting else

RacerCivicEx17

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
position..eh those mufflers not bad. what about GReddy mufflers?

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea greddy is expensive but they have a club civic sale though
i wunder how long its on for or is it or privilage?

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I went with Tanabe Racing Medallion..its a good system...really really deep and it is louder than most everyones subs in our school parking lot. It pisses alot of the wiggers off! Here is a pic of it installed =)

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got it for 465 shipped.....and the place I bought it from sold out...but they still have the Tanabe Hyper Medallion which is not as loud, and the muffler is a traditional design with a single tip. I think they have it for 425? heres the sight www.afsmotorsports.com

panuwat

Lost Honda
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my 5zigen fireball sets off car alarms.. i love going into the 3 floor parking lots and zooming in it to set them off... it drives the drug dealers crazy. also in my friend's neighborhood, there's this purple prelude that goes crazy whenever i drive by it.. i love my exhaust!

deval

Sprint/Nextel Geek
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ohh ok...just asking...cuz i can get just the muffler for about $50...i just wanted to know if its a good one? i mean, does it make a difference in preformance?

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mufflers on civic's make no difference in power. For 50 bucks....unless you are getting a MAD hook up on a Hayami muffler, or an Apexi...you are buying something that will be fairly low quality. I have had friend who went cheap, and the muffler rusted somewhat, and they didn't sound all that great. The bottom line on your car...is unless you got the hook up...you get what you pay for. Guy I know payed 40 bucks for an APC short shifter, and on the way home snapped it in half. So really...just get the best stuff first off....and forget the cheap stuff.

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh yes...And I set off ALOT of car alarms. Its also an early warning device for cars ahead of me...to GET OVER! (They really get over when I come...its cool!)

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have 2 no name brand mufflers. theyre okay, theyre lasting in the long run. i wish i would have spent money on some nice ones though. and in my opinion, get a deep sounding one.

deval

Sprint/Nextel Geek
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "Rice4Brains"

i have 2 no name brand mufflers. theyre okay, theyre lasting in the long run. i wish i would have spent money on some nice ones though. and in my opinion, get a deep sounding one.
i like ur dual pipe system..do u have 2 pipes from the cat convertor? or how is it set up? i was thinkin about gettin something like it...looks mad cool...but i bet it was expensive?

my freind just got 2 of those mufflers for his car...im just waitin to see how they sound installed b4 i buy

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the pipe splits right after it shoots above the rear right axle. labor didnt cost too much. i suggest you do your research on where you get it done. the first place i went to f'd everything up. and if you can, get it split all the way back from the cat, the ratio to each exhaust is better

deval

Sprint/Nextel Geek
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

the pipe splits right after it shoots above the rear right axle. labor didnt cost too much. i suggest you do your research on where you get it done. the first place i went to f'd everything up. and if you can, get it split all the way back from the cat, the ratio to each exhaust is better
thats cool...im thinkin about it...makes the car look hot...but does it make a difference...again..im runnin the stock 00 LX engine...no mods...im more of the look good type of civic owner...so im thinkin that it might look pretty good...

thanks for the info

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not enough of a difference to matter, at least i cant feel too much of a diff. i have a stock ex engine, and yeah, it looks cool. get a cool bumper to fit it right though. i just shaved another hump onto the left side

deval

Sprint/Nextel Geek
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

not enough of a difference to matter, at least i cant feel too much of a diff. i have a stock ex engine, and yeah, it looks cool. get a cool bumper to fit it right though. i just shaved another hump onto the left side
thanks...i'll look into how much they would do it for...not to ask like 100 questions, but when you got yours done, where did you go? i mean, did you take it to a preformance shop, or a pep boys or something?

cuz here in north jersey, there are like 1000000000 shops, and im not sure if i should trust them

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the first place i went to was the only muffler shop in my town (pacific muffler in stockton sucks!), they messed it all up. surprisingly, midas does a good job. just tell them exactly what you want, they use good high heat piping and what not. hell, i even paid my guy under the table. itll run you from 70-150...maybe more depending on quality and what you want done