mufflers??

nigizy

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what the deal with modified mufflers? what can i not get a ticket for?
what would i get a ticket for? was legal and whats not? i hear many differents stories with it...
Does anyone know the real deal with it?

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the real deal is that it differs from state to state. i havent checked myself, but im pretty sure its clean cut as far as decibels above stock muffler levels. of course, no cop is actually gonna check this, it all ends up on how much of an a*****e a cop is. also, smog laws as well. like i said though, it differs from state to state

nigizy

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok well im is cali. if i just cut off my stock muffler and put on a new one would that be a good idea, or is it better to get a whole new pipein and every thing.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it all matters what your going for. if its mostly sound, a new muffler would be just fine. as far as performance goes, a cat back would probably be better. and would even moreso be enhanced by an intake and headers...and maybe a high flow cat. which in the end may alter your chances of passing smog

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ps. im in cali too, i havent been pulled over and i have a deep aftermarket exhaust. i only know 1 person whos been pulled over for sound, and he drives a silvia whos exhaust is louder than most civics ive seen drive around

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My hayame muffler is pretty nice, a deep sound.
It makes people look :shock:

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol well living in cali doesnt help your cause at all...lots of strict emissions laws. as far as your question i agree with Rice4Brains, it al depends on the mood of the cops, and from past experience cops arent the fondest of euro cars or more scientifically put, "rice burners". Theyve of thing with people like us, so its really just what you can get by with

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
forreal...i got pulled over for not having my front liscence plate on...pretty much so the cop can look under my hood to check out if i had anything done to it

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have 3 words for you guys....Tanabe Racing Medallion!

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hazard, hondas are not considered euro cars... im not sure if that's what you meant, so i'm just pointing that out....

niggyziggy......... it is against the law to modify your car from it's original condition. read the vehicle code, it actually says that in there..... there is also a provision that states if your exhaust is modified, it cannot fail a standardized sound test (95db in california)........ you can take any exhaust to a state referee and have him test and certify it. pass, and the cops can't write you up for it... some exhaust companies have already done the hard part, so you just have to get the paperwork from them

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DONT BE A PUSSY just put one on!!!!!!!!!!!! :wak: