Mugen Exhaust

CivicEX13

CC's Valve Cover Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Does anyone know where i could get mugen exhaust at for a good price? i m looking for it for a 00 civic ex 4dr. i was also wondering if any one ever had problems with it and what it sounds like. i dont want my exhaust to sound like a tin can rattling on the back of my car. thanks alot later

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
im sure the mugen exhaust would not sound like a "tin can rattling on the back of my car"... im not quite sure where to find one for cheap though..... you could always get a replica though... doesn't myogi_nightkid have one???

myogi_nightkid <---- where has he been???

silverctr

Whaddaya lookin' at?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There's no such thing as a cheap Mugen muffler. The one Myogi has looks like the Mugen twin loop, but is made by Focuz I think. It doesn't sound like the typical buzzy fart cans, Myogi's sounds nice. Not loud at all, until you get on the throttle, then it sounds awesome.

CivicEX13

CC's Valve Cover Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
alright cool where can i find this stuff at? and is it like a deeper tone? cause that is what i want.

Myogi_Nightkid

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "silverctr"

There's no such thing as a cheap Mugen muffler. The one Myogi has looks like the Mugen twin loop, but is made by Focuz I think. It doesn't sound like the typical buzzy fart cans, Myogi's sounds nice. Not loud at all, until you get on the throttle, then it sounds awesome.

awww. you guys actually missed me??? :wink:

silverctr is right, it was made by Focuz but that is only the tip of the exhaust. the rest of it, i don't quite remember who made the twin loop replica. i got mine from a friend and he said that he had to change the tip from a Focuz exhaust cause the twin loop replica does sound like a fart can.

silverctr was there when we did the install and it sounds good, not too noisy either.

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hell yea we missed u. u give us a bunch of info man and sum humour

ekhatchie

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mugen twin loop replica is made by mozart i think its quiet idle and a low deep tone. spoon n1 is also low but more agressive sounding

Myogi_Nightkid

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "sik_civic"

hell yea we missed u. u give us a bunch of info man and sum humour
too busy to post whore that's why i haven't been posting in the past couple weeks (?)

Myogi_Nightkid

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "ekhatchie"

mugen twin loop replica is made by mozart i think its quiet idle and a low deep tone. spoon n1 is also low but more agressive sounding
yeah i think my exhaust is mozart for the twin loop and a welded on focuz tip. thanks for giving me the name.:thumbs up:

Hater

king of nerds and dorks
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
www.kingmotorsports.com

No, it's not cheap, but that's the only place to get an authentic one.

=)

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "Hater"

www.kingmotorsports.com

No, it's not cheap, but that's the only place to get an authentic one.

=)
do u have a mugen exhaust?

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have the Tanabe Racing Medallion...and it OWNS! If you want a JDM sweet looking beautiful sounding exhaust...this one is what you need. they arn't cheap...but they are cheaper than Mugen. I got mine for 465...but I have seem them for upwards of 700.

bluedeception87

Clueless
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey, I came across this one site that has the before & after sounds of this one guy's car with and without the mugen axel-back exhaust...

http://www.pat.hi-ho.ne.jp/kein/eg6maffuler.htm

The "before" sound sounds like a motorcycle...but the "after" sound is NICE!! I wanna get one NOW!!!....too bad it's too freakin expensive for me right now. :(

CivicEX13

CC's Valve Cover Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey i just got replica mugen exhuast and you guys were right it is very nice. i love the way it sounds. it looks really nice too.

Myogi_Nightkid

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good for you. but what i've heard about the mugen exhaust replica is that it gives backflow. that's why the guy who gave me mine had to change the exhaust tip.

CivicEX13

CC's Valve Cover Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what is backflow? and how would a different tips change that?