Multiple issues: 4th gen

BenjoNi94

Hi all,
recently I've become an owner of a Honda Civic 4th gen Sedan 1.6l

it's been all great till lately,

car has 270k kilometers on clock,

engine light is on, checked the codes and it is 6-9

so far I'll be picking ECT sensor tomorrow and replacing it, hopefully u guys could give me some recommendations on how to solve next problems:

car is starting heavily it takes it roughly 7seconds

when cold completely car starts faster

right wheel sounds like it's constantly bumping when wheel turns right

car idles at 500rpm which really scares me

also when coming to a stop or shifting gears(sometimes) rpm would drop so hard and car would shut down unless I react really fast and press the clutch and gas really fast and then it won't turn off but rpm would be at like zero and then rise up which is reaaaaaly annoying.

also what I've noticed is that these stalling problems don't happen when I refill only when my fuel is below 1/4 of tank so could it be that my gauge is lying to me about the fuel level

plus when these things happen to me I've noticed that if I manage to stop without shutting down and pump the brake pedal the rpm gauge would climb to between 800-1500 rpm.....

and yeah also when I have this trouble I've noticed that when I press gas coming from a stop the rpm would first drop then rise which is really triggering when I need to slow down almost to a stop and then cars in front of me move as my rpm is already low enough....

on top of everything yesterday I've noticed oil leak when I've moved my car on different parking space (5m away)...

the thing is, oil is only leaking when car is running, did not happen before, went back to parking space I was before I moved it and nothing was there.

the leak seems to be coming from center/passenger side of car

so yeah haha any opinions, I am willing to work on this car as I like it really much so yeah
+mpg is horrible but from what I've researched so far that is due to ECT sensor failure which I'm replacing tomorrow

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-L01 using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I changed your title to be pertinent because "I need urgent help :(" is just crying wolf and wont help you much here. I also moved the thread into the correct section. If you seriously seek urgent responses then read the section descriptions and post in the proper section and not "Off Topic".

1. Clean your IACV and that may help the idle and acceleration issues. By the way, 500 rpms is just a low idle and not detrimental being that your should be around 700.

2. Make sure you're only using 87 octane and use a quality fuel system cleaner like Techron or SeaFoam. Theres a good chance your fuel system is gunked up so I suggest you use double the concentration that the fuel sysyem cleaner suggests.

Use our search function and you'd learn all of this and more and likely solve all these issues.

BenjoNi94

thank you very much I'm sorry I missed all those things I will do that as soon as weekend hits since then I'm free

BenjoNi94

changed the ECT sensor and reset the ECU

when I pressed cables going into distributor the code 9 was not showing but code 6 still does

and then I reset ecu again and again both codes show up again

Last edited by a moderator:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There was no need for 3 back-to-back posts that are sequential, so I merged them for you. Please make an effort to be organized and get familiar with the edit option.

BenjoNi94

There was no need for 3 back-to-back posts that are sequential, so I merged them for you. Please make an effort be organized and get familiar with the edit option.
forgive me as I am totally new to this forum it won't happen again