Mustang Power Forums Yeah!

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LowNotSlow said:
meh, most of it is the simple fact that they aren't/weren't exposed to compact cars when they were developing thier opinions as children. If you've got parents with Mustangs and Trucks, chances are you're going to like Mustangs and trucks.

My parents had a 4WS prelude when I was little, so I see myself as being predisposed to liking compacts.
I didn't grow up anywhere near a Japanese car.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Revolver said:
I didn't grow up anywhere near a Japanese car.
:werd:

My mom drove a black Chevrolet Monte Carlo when I was a kid. Later she got a white Toyota Corolla (which she promptly flipped with my little sister and mysefl in it when I was in the third grade). Then she got a maroon Chevrolet Corsica and now she has a taupe Chrysler PT Cruiser. So one import on my mom's side.

My dad has had a ~1984 red Chevrolet S10 since as long as I can remember. He now has a gray Jeep Cherokee. He's thinking of getting something with better gas mileage now and has mentioned getting a Civic to me. He taught my mom stick years ago on his brand new car, a red with black racing stripes, black leather interior 1969 Chevrolet Chevelle SS. He sold it because of how much driving he had to do for his job.

My stepdad had a brown and tan Toyota pickup when he met my mom. Later on he bought himself a green '96 Chevrolet Silverado. Now he owns a black GMC pickup even though he liked the Toyota he was looking at a bit more I think. He's union so he can't park a Toyota out there.

My step grandfather and my bioloigical grandmother (mom's side) own a bussing service now and once owned a trash truck company. My step garndfather has been working on diesels fince before I was born and they have a massive tall garage on thier property (which was just through the woods from my house growing up, so I was there a lot).

So yeah... a Toyota pickup that I thought was ugly and a plain little white ~'92 Corolla. i'd hardly count that as influential since I didn't like either and overall I was taught to like muscle cars growing up.

Before I bougth my '97 Civic I wanted a Zinc Yellow Mustang GT. I'd go for a slightly newer Torch Red GT now though. ;)

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it's merely a theory, though it's looking pretty damn weak right now. :(

Guess I won't be working on cold fusion anytime soon.

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
your statement is just as absurd as the ones they make.. owning a car does nto garuntee you will act a certain way.. i know MANY mustang owners who totally understand and appreciate import (even honda) tuning..
:headbang:

SiGSR

yeaaaay.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
mint said:
well i was actually looking for info on b16 engine upgrades and that poped up im not defending my civic i said i thought it was funny..

So i was hardly 'going out of my way' posting around?... :slap:
Was that you posting on the mustang forum? I don't really care.

I was just stating out those kind of people in general. People that have to defend themselves all the time. People that get butt hurt easily. It's a public web-based community, and I don't expect everyone to see or think on the same level. Just think it's lame when people go on to other car forums to sign on to just defend "thier" car.

This is straying from topic, so I'll end it here.

mint

Club Civic Sanny!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah cool but for the record i didnt post there lol ;) was just bored and kept reading.

Me myself.. i dislike 90% of american car's (As in the manufactured cars) including SUV's etc, British cars are all pretty lame too barr the TVR as that is God! Wunch ya go jap you dont go bak!?..

Think this thread was a bad idea lol

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
TurboZinc said:
:lol: Thought you might like that. Go figure you found it right after I posted it even though you're not super active lately.

It is true though. That's exactly what I wanted. God was I pissed when my mom brought me to Honda. It was better than what she suggested before that though. "What do you think of Saturns? They're cheap." I believe my responce was, "Exactly," with a scowl.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mint said:
yeah cool but for the record i didnt post there lol ;) was just bored and kept reading.

Me myself.. i dislike 90% of american car's (As in the manufactured cars) including SUV's etc, British cars are all pretty lame too barr the TVR as that is God! Wunch ya go jap you dont go bak!?..

Think this thread was a bad idea lol

I love TVR's, but let's not forget Noble and Lotus as well.

racing_kid

take that sucka!!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol.... a lot of v8 guys call every import rice.

I have some friends with v8's and i had to explain to them what rice is.

He was like.." why are you calling that guy a ricer if you have an import? "..:lol:

LowNotSlow said:
meh, most of it is the simple fact that they aren't/weren't exposed to compact cars when they were developing thier opinions as children. If you've got parents with Mustangs and Trucks, chances are you're going to like Mustangs and trucks.

My parents had a 4WS prelude when I was little, so I see myself as being predisposed to liking compacts.
My dad has had old school Mucsle cars, my bro has a 67 mustang fastback with a 289.
I like old mucsle too but i love my nissan and civic.
I guess everyone is diffrent..=)

mint

Club Civic Sanny!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
LowNotSlow said:
I love TVR's, but let's not forget Noble and Lotus as well.
yus this is true but they dont stand out like a good ol TVR ;)

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
racing_kid_05 said:

I have some friends with v8's and i had to explain to them what rice is.
the term rice originated back in the 70's when imports were really starting to hit
the little asian imports were known as "rice burners"....

import owners have since tried to philosophize the term, but it's core denotation is still a description for every asian import on the road

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I dunno, every mustang that rolls up to me usually revs his engine and wants to race. They are all the same assholes to me. Plus fords suck from my experiences with them. I have a big block monte carlo waiting for me down town, but I have ran out of funds to complete it. I am thinking about selling it soon.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Drive an import and the domestic people will be assholes. Hop in a domestic and import people will be assholes. :what: At least for a large part that sems true from my experience.

Mybae not all domestic or import drivers, but it seems if you're on one side it's likely you'll get revved at by the other side.

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
:lol: Thought you might like that. Go figure you found it right after I posted it even though you're not super active lately.
I know, haven't been on in a while and this thread just pops up. Fate i guess =)

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
racing_kid_05 said:
I've been called "ricer" many times. Well, by the same guy who owns a v8 "supercharged" explorer. But I am not sure how I am a ricer since my car is stock, except for the rims and maybe the stupid fart can. Besides, that v8 wasn't that fast, I mean I hung in there behind him pretty well, and I wasn't even trying. Later on, he told me he wasn't really trying. Well then why go 60mph on a 35mph zone and stepped on it so hard as soon as the light turn green? :roll:

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
man.. mustangs are kick ass. I don't give a s**t what anyone says, I always thought a modified mustang with some sick ass pipes and huge sticky rubber is enough to get hard on.

....oh yeah and in Tokyo Drift Han shouldn't have f**ken died.