My 01 ex prodject

DB-Audio

hey everyone im new to the forum just got my civic at the begining of the year plans are mainly audio but im going to be doing a drop around tax time and spoon lip here is what ive done so far
did the black headlights and grille

black corner lights need rims still

did an intake and exhaust

and now on to the audio stuff for the hu i have a power acoustik 8" touch screen yes its cheap but it gets the job done

the amp that i borrowed is a jl 500/1 and my sub is a atmos audio strato 18" in a custom build box its 3.65 ^3 after all displacement tuned to 38 hz and im currently doing a 136.2db on music on the meter but my goal is to get up to at least 140 i'd like 145 on music but realistically 140 is my goal sorry for the crappy camera qualilty in the video

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXcA1_jWqaQ[/YOUTUBE]

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome to the site!

not trying to be an ass but.....how the hell do you know how to even tune a box yet you didnt put a fuse in your power wire within a foot of the batter and ran it across the bay like someone who is new and doesn't know what they are doing? just curious. doesn't make sense to me

muffler is crooked, i would get that fixed and reseal the headlights

overall your off to an ok start though. you started out just like i did with most the money into the system. but i got tired of it

DB-Audio

Welcome to the site!

not trying to be an ass but.....how the hell do you know how to even tune a box yet you didnt put a fuse in your power wire within a foot of the batter and ran it across the bay like someone who is new and doesn't know what they are doing? just curious. doesn't make sense to me

muffler is crooked, i would get that fixed and reseal the headlights

overall your off to an ok start though. you started out just like i did with most the money into the system. but i got tired of it
no prob man i did lots of research with my system now im only running 500rms so i really dont need a fuse it is a good idea to get one but its not 100% necessary to tune the box I used a box calculator I found on one of the bass forums that everyone seemed to say was reliable and I know i need to reseal the headlight just havent really had the time to take it out and dry it out then seal it thanks for the advise though

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No, your wrong. you do need a fuse. It doesnt matter what type of power draw you have, all you need is a short and you can kiss your system goodbye and be at risk of a fire. Whoever said you dont need one, should not touch a car ever again

I did this as job, so im not pulling this out my ass. Also why everything in your car has some type of fuse or protection. i would have fuse in there asap

DB-Audio

well once i rewire/rebuild again i will put a fuse in place the amp and sub are out for now my friend needed the amp back so its not a big deal but im planning on either 1 12, 2 10's or 2 maybe 4 8's not 100% sure yet but i know im gonna be running them off at least 800 rms

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would say either two 10's or one 12 if you want A LOT of bass. its a small car, if done right you could get away with one ten.

One 12 you can make more than enough base if done right, i competed with one 12. but i had well over 2 grand invested into the system and was pushing a lot more rms. i popped dents out of my car lol made a few people throw up also

but if your not running a system, i would just disconnect that wire from the batter. if it touches a ground it can cause a lot of problems, not to mention kill your battery in no time

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would say to do one ten and make sure to fuse!!!! I surprised your wiring kit didnt have one already because that is dangerous in a lot of different ways.

DB-Audio

i would say either two 10's or one 12 if you want A LOT of bass. its a small car, if done right you could get away with one ten.

One 12 you can make more than enough base if done right, i competed with one 12. but i had well over 2 grand invested into the system and was pushing a lot more rms. i popped dents out of my car lol made a few people throw up also

but if your not running a system, i would just disconnect that wire from the batter. if it touches a ground it can cause a lot of problems, not to mention kill your battery in no time
yeah if i end up doing 2 tens im probably gonna glass them into the wheel wells not 100% on it though I know I want to stick around the 1500rms plus range if i go with one 12 but still contemplating i mean the 18 i have now the sq for an 18 is amazing but I need some more space in my trunk

DB-Audio

I would say to do one ten and make sure to fuse!!!! I surprised your wiring kit didnt have one already because that is dangerous in a lot of different ways.
normally when you buy a wire kit they do come with them but i just peiced mine together

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i can guarentee if you build the box correctly, 1000rms will be just fine. But you need to do the correct internal cubic feet. i had one 12 and the box was about 4 cubic feet. its just a civic, its a small car. I ran that 12 in my civic at 1000 and it was overkill.

plus you need to keep in mind your charging system, you will need along the lines of a yellow top, and you need a quality power cap. they arent cheap, my power cap i got discounted and still paid 250. your charging system isnt made to handle this

on another note, my cap is for sale =)

DB-Audio

i can guarentee if you build the box correctly, 1000rms will be just fine. But you need to do the correct internal cubic feet. i had one 12 and the box was about 4 cubic feet. its just a civic, its a small car. I ran that 12 in my civic at 1000 and it was overkill.

plus you need to keep in mind your charging system, you will need along the lines of a yellow top, and you need a quality power cap. they arent cheap, my power cap i got discounted and still paid 250. your charging system isnt made to handle this

on another note, my cap is for sale =)
true true eventually i was planning on getting a ho alt probably in the 220 amp range along with a bigger battery in the front but im not a huge fan of caps the discharge is horable compaired to a deep cycle battery and they do more harm then good in my opinion they work for what they are but i'd rather a second battery given the choice

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok good. yeah a battery has better output, but its slower than with a cap. caps are made for the quick bursts of deep hits, thats it. id recommend one and a second batter