my 2000 ex coupe

Drakon543

ya i already cheaped out once but i needed some cheap and quick. stupid ebay headers.... they did the job of resealing and attaching the stock cat flange but its definitely cheap. cant wait for the rest of my exhaust so i can take those back off. i definitely dont want to do a manual swap unless i have a whole doner car incase a suprise comes up

Drakon543

HA tanabe and thier national backorder i still got the exhaust i wanted and i got it cheaper. it did seem like the only guy in the country who had one and didnt want it and i had to driver 2 and a half hrs to get it. but hey when youve watched enough videos and done enough digging and made up your own mind to not make another "what exhaust" thread. da**it im going to get the exhaust i want and i want it now lol.

Drakon543

ill post some pics later in the week when i get a chance to reposition the tip. not thrilled with where its at so ill cut it off and reattach it where i want it. drove it to work today and it feels good. maybe a bit more acceleration not much but possibly barely noticeable could just be me tho lol. however as i drive the same route to work everyday there are a couple hills i usually have to give it more gas or let the car downshift to maintain speed. only one spot now where the car couldn't maintain speed without downshifting.

Drakon543

bad camera angle makes the tip look like its sticking out further than it is. anyway there my skunk2 headers and the end of the exhaust. besides i had to move the tip and i custom made a 2.5 magnaflow catted pipe from an invidia test pipe. fitment was perfect bolted right up and only had to tweak the muffler hangers a bit to center it. im probably going to be tinkering under the car this weekend so ill grab a shot of my custom work if anyone is interested.

SeanShine

5+ Year Member
Sweet man! And I don't think the exhaust tip is coming out too far. If anything, it might help keep the bumper from getting crap all over it.

Drakon543

its not letting me post pics again and the click bait is getting a little overwhelming and its only this forum. so i might still linger but i might be done trying to post so this might be my last update. got my professionally painted si wing mounted and it looks great. still haven't done the rear brake conversion as ive either been too busy or just too tired.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Car looks good, the exhaust sticks out just enough.

got my professionally painted Si wing mounted and it looks great.
It is the taller rear spoiler?
That looks so much better than the lower profile, optional Ex spoiler.

Drakon543

there is 0 click bait today so i dont know. i keep the phone pretty locked down and i dont do much surfing.
Car looks good, the exhaust sticks out just enough.

It is the taller rear spoiler?
That looks so much better than the lower profile, optional Ex spoiler.
yes its the taller one i was pretty excited when i found an original one in good shape. it was red but in great shape. either way besides that ebay intake im happy with my part choices and fitment. i was thinking about getting a real intake just for a better under hood look. i know its not really doing anything but its starting to stand out to me next to the quality parts ive neen buying

SeanShine

5+ Year Member
Dude that exhaust looks great! So is the first shot is Magnaflow cat? It looks great and I like the flange setup. Quality work!

Drakon543

actually huge bonus was the correct front flange came with the skunk2 alpha headers. i just welded that onto the front of the cat. i dont like lights on my dash so i wanted the o2 bung and invidia has a nice test pipe with an o2 bung and the correct size flange and pipe for the tanabe. so the invidia pipe was a must for what i wanted.

Drakon543

i wish i had waited to mount it tho but i couldn't help myself. the cat and test pipe were cheap so ill eventually have to replace that part. when i originally mounted the exhaust and made the cat pipe i only had regular all purpose mig wire. i properly welded the exhaust tip where i wanted it with actual stainless wire. but that wire showed up during the week so the cat and pipe will rust where the rest wont. ill climb back under there probably this weekend clean it back up and put a proper vht ceramic header coating to make it last longer tho.

Drakon543

also sorry for post spamming but again suddenly im getting no click bait on any thread i open. and i haven't done anything with my samsung

Johnp410

hic rear window visor and front brakes done. been raining on and off so i haven't gotten a good cleaning done. especially the brake dust from the old pads and rotors. ill try to tackle the rear conversion later
Hey there, I was wondering how you like the powerstop brakes? Is that the z23 kit? Any issues? Also how'd the scarebird setup work? I was thinking of going the same route. Car looks great