my 3rd gen Hatch

086head

Registered VIP
Heres my 87 Hatch SI. The interior is dirty and taken apart from whoever tried to run an amp cord but nothing a screwdriver and vacume cant fix. Little bonus when i got it: a mugen shift knob and it feels like theres a short shifter in it.

The body has a couple of dings but you cant expect a whole lot from something thats like 25 years old

Heres the D15a3/4 (?) The cam gear is off and i cant tell if the valves are bent because that what these motors are famous for when the timing gets off. Check out the rocker arm assembly and one set sits lower than the other rocker arms but the cam gear looks the same as my z6 so i might trade the cam gear and try it or just do a head swap and ride this baby till the block blows or just put the z6 in

ill get more pics after i clean it up!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Put a z6 in it. That thing needs some help!

086head

Registered VIP
If I wake up early enough tomorrow ill put together the inerior and post up more pics. Im being lazy about doing a obd conversion because thats a home made wiring job. Dropping and putting in a new motor? No problem! wires on the other hand....eh.....noticed the windshield wiper arm stick on the steering wheel is busted off so no driving in rain when i get it running

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yup. Wiring is a b***h!

086head

Registered VIP
Well I put a majority of the interior back together and vacumed the car out :P I also started pulling the head out today but didnt finish :evil:

I realy like how I can lay 1 or both of my back seats down and extend the flat bed out as far as the front seats

my spare tire compartment =)

now put back together

Now im curious to know are these some oem or aftermarket light strips for blinkers or e-lights? Theres wires running to them on both sides but i couldnt get them to work when i hooked up the battery

Now the downer :cry: some jackass broke off the windshield wiper stick thingy

I got a buddy that works at car quest that says hes going to try to hook me up

Now I pulled as much that I could off today. I wanted to swap another D15A head on their or do a valve job and ride this F*cker out till it just blows. A whole set of decent motor mounts and tranny mounts are out of my wallets reach. Mine where all trashed in the wreck and i dont feel like gambling on a $100 ebay set of mounts

086head

Registered VIP
I know im slow on updating but I only get 1 day a week to do any work on the car and thats sundays. Anyway got the head off today and the block is in amazing shape for 211,000 miles almost no ridges! Aside from the carbon build up shes like new almost

Now I do have 3 bent valves. 1 exhuast 2 intake

until I can get a valve job done im looking at doing a D15a2 head swap.Now the head is carbed but I can get it to run on fuel injection I hope/read :P I dont think im going to do a Z6 swap because it requires making custom motor mounts and welding. Been using redpepperracing.com since its all 3rd gen and prior but I respect CC to keep yall updated since its a good community of Honda enthuisast:cool:

086head

Registered VIP
Well I got a lil lazy and instead of running a carbed-fuel injection on an A2 head I bought this from a guy in Arizona and it just got here today! I will say when I saw the box on the porch I jumped higher than lebron james and ran outside faster than Lance armstong on a bike :lol: Came off a 1995 CRX, D15a3 head only 140,000ish miles on it!

Now all I need to do is scoop up a head and exhaust gasket, air filter, and some hoses and shes going to be back on the road. Once thats done I think I might try my hand at some sandpaper and spray gun on the molding :cool:

086head

Registered VIP
Painted the vc today. After hitting it with sandpaper and some primer I decided to do white for some reason :???: I got 2 coats on and waiting to hit it up again. Might change my mind and go to black, but white just seems so...different that and im not to good with paint

Anyways ordered my gasket hit today and some coolant hoses