My '98 Civic EX coupe...

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i haven't seen that on silver yet. might look neat. ask admin or position..eh to do a photoshop job on yur pix to see how it'd turn out..

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i still want to see those eyelids on a car man

racerbot

MUGEN POWER
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the 96-98 rear bumper is different from the 99-00 one so it may or may not fit, if it does it'll need modification. also honda stop making the 99-00 rear lips, and they are almost impossible to find brand new. believe me, after mine got messed up from an accident, i couldn't find another one so i told them to juz pay me the money. anyways, the 96-98 rear lip looks better, it's lower, and it's still available even though honda stopped making them. the c/f hood will look nice on vsm, and dun do the eyelids, those are out. fiber images make some nice c/f hoods. angel eyes dun really look good on the 96-00. they look phat on the 92-95 though. whew... i get more info on those discs :D

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think people like vis-racing carbon fiber hood a lot more then fiberimages now since they have a latch and do not require hood pins. also they have really nice high grade quality carbon fiber.

civicjoe8

anomaly8
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks guys...yea I emailed VIS but they haven't gotten back to me yet. I think they're CF hoods are extremely expensive though. So far I've found a CF hood for $300 made by ABS Dynamics. It's suppose to fit like oem and does not require hood pins. I have to look further into it. I found a set of CF eyelids for only $30...maybe I'll buy them just for the fun of it b/c they're so cheap.

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
props for this car... all but the wing, ide go with the Si wing or a small midstyle...

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "racerbot"

the 96-98 rear bumper is different from the 99-00 one so it may or may not fit, if it does it'll need modification. also honda stop making the 99-00 rear lips, and they are almost impossible to find brand new. believe me, after mine got messed up from an accident, i couldn't find another one so i told them to juz pay me the money. anyways, the 96-98 rear lip looks better, it's lower, and it's still available even though honda stopped making them. the c/f hood will look nice on vsm, and dun do the eyelids, those are out. fiber images make some nice c/f hoods. angel eyes dun really look good on the 96-00. they look phat on the 92-95 though. whew... i get more info on those discs :D
honda stopped making them, but u can still find them on ebay from time to time. and there has 2 be companies out there that make replicas.. but yeh, go for a 96-98 lip like racerbot said, if it's easier. u just need to bring the back down some IMO.

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Can you fly with that wing? If you had a JDM B16B...and that wing...I bet you could have a flying civic!

civicjoe8

anomaly8
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
99ExCoupe--I actually got my front wheels off the ground doing 130mph...oh wait...that was in my dream...my bad...I wish my puny 1.6L EX motor could do that stock.

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
We all wish our D16Y8's could. It would be cool...I wouldn't need to pay out my butt when I go see my family back in Britian...just fly "99 White EX Coupe"!

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
man, where the hell have i been this whole thread :?: :!:

my thoughts on your car joe....

1) your front lip is koo (not my personal taste) but if you dont wanna spend the money on another bumper/lip...just dump that s**t and it will looks sick....
2)like everyone else says, lose that terminator spoiler...either go w/out one, or get the factory Si one (i'd give you my Si one, but i made a deal with my friend and now its on his car, hehe)
3)rims are koo, but again, dump the s**t (if you hvaent already heard that enuff)

Pic of Silver civic w/CF hood << thats a link...

dont forget to check out the gallery, might find something that your looking for..

nice job...whuts your plans with the car anyways?

essi1553

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok here my opinion......

I like the front lip, i like the wheels...

Lose the wing prefferably for a like a drag wing the ones that layer basically flat on your trunk and stick out the back ( I love those!! )

Drop it a lttle and go for the stock tails...
IMO although you have a very nice start man, Im not to partial to that wing at all....

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "essi1553"

Lose the wing prefferably for a like a drag wing the ones that layer basically flat on your trunk and stick out the back ( I love those!! )

you mean a "lip" lol like a wing "lip" i guess

essi1553

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmm you ever see the new bmw m3 the little lip wing... they make a bigger version that looks great on the 6th gen civics. ill try to find a pic ..

civicjoe8

anomaly8
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SeanJohn1802--thanks for your honest opinion. I'm in the process of purchasing another trunk...my plan is to use the trunk w/ spoiler when I want to show off my car...hehe....but most of the time I'll have it spoiler-less. I'm planning to drop the car this summer...my major plans include a LS turbo swap. Admin. photoshoped my car for me w/ a carbon fiber hood and eyelids...I'll post them when I get a chance....most likely tonight. I also have a oem Type-R rear lip, CF hood and eyelids, and a Type-R grill coming my way...so stay tuned.

essi1553--yea..I've seen a baby blue civic w/ that drag wing and it looked nice. I'm probably going to go spoiler-less to decrease any downforce.

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
man honestly, is not that big of a difference of downforce. you wouldnt even notice it. the only thing you would notice anything is aluminum spoilers. the down force on it can be so big that they can dent your trunk

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeh man. like i said, u will NOT be able to tell any difference whatsoever, whether there is a factory spoiler or none. but do w/e man, it's yur ride... we're jus letting u know.

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am still wondering if I should go with a wing...I am kinda partial to the metal wings. Would I be super rice with one?