Greddy EVO cat-back exhaust
AEM cold-air intake
17" SSR Competition rims w/ Kumho 712's
Tsunami front lip
JSP Terminator 2 spoiler
Gen. 2 altezza's
painted OEM sideskirts
35% tinted windows

I want your opinions. I'm thinking about removing my spoiler this summer...what do you think? I'm also going to get a suspension kit.

Thanks,
Joe

civicjoe8

anomaly8
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Another pic...

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Yeah, I think it woud look better with out the wing and some 99-00 tails :thumbs up:

civicjoe8

anomaly8
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
And yet another...

civicjoe8

anomaly8
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
admin--should I leave it spoiler-less completely (i.e. Type-R spoiler)? What's the diff. between the 99-00 and 96-98 tails?

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
I would either leave it spoiler-less or get a stock spoiler. 99-00 tails are red on top and clear on bottom (there is no amber).

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
man seriously this is what i honestly think... i be like simon cowel on american idol:

those rims are too good to be on a car like yours man. you need to lose the wing. if you really want one get the factory SI spoiler.

put the 99-00 tailights on like admin said

get a different front lip. i never liked the tsunami lip. and get a rear lip too and your car be flossing.

you need to lower that thing too.. looks like a 4x4 with that fat ol wing.

civicjoe8

anomaly8
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
imazn--thanks for your honest opinion...I'll def. take your advice into consideration.

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "imazn"

man seriously this is what i honestly think... i be like simon cowel on american idol:

those rims are too good to be on a car like yours man. you need to lose the wing. if you really want one get the factory SI spoiler.

put the 99-00 tailights on like admin said

get a different front lip. i never liked the tsunami lip. and get a rear lip too and your car be flossing.

you need to lower that thing too.. looks like a 4x4 with that fat ol wing.
LOL, Simon Cowel!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

racerbot

MUGEN POWER
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
here are my comments and suggestions:

keep:
wheels - very nice choice
the painted sides - nice

remove:
the wing - too busy
the front lip - i would go type r or usdm oem

add:
the 96-98 oem rear lip
ctr grill and jdm power/folding mirrors
and drop

the tails, the 99-00 look the cleaniest imo, but i don't think those are that bad. even though most people bag on em.

what suspension are u looking into. also i have friend you has a gsr rear disc setup that he is selling if ur interested he had it on his 96-98 coupe for 3 months.

good luck!

legion

digital agent
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you might wana check out some new front headlights too. i have a 98 also and been looking at getting a set with carbon fiber housing. i saw them on the project civic importtuner has - the green max boost civic hatch. looks really nice. aight. later!

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my opinion..

u should lose that rear spoiler, and get either the factory 96-98 one or the factory 99-00.

DEFINITELY go with 99-00 tails

get a rear lip, preferably a factory one.. like a 99-00 Si rear lip. (i only like factory style lips)

the tsunami front lip is jus waaay too out there. get yourself either the whole tsunami bumper or a type r front lip.

i like the painted side skirts.

wheels look GRRRRRREAT!

could DEFINITELY use a drop

and go to your local autozone store and grab you one of those APC banners for your windshield.. j/p :P

you got a tight car dude, don't take nothin we say the wrong way. i wish mine was even competition enough for yours. great ride! :D

civicjoe8

anomaly8
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
racerbot--thanks for the input...let me know about the rear-disc setup.

legion--yea...good point. I also like the halo-style projectors...a similar style to the BMW. They look sweet.

SickCiViC--Thanks for the kind words. Do you think I should get a factory spoiler or go spoiler-less? Would there be much downforce on the factory spoiler, thus decreasing my performance? Also, would a 99-00 Si rear lip fit on my 98 EX?

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the option civic SI spoiler is nice. if not i like the spoiler-less look too. jsut something clean you know?

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey no prob. i think you should get the spoiler. it looks great and wouldn't effect your car's performance really, unless u r trying to make it for strictly drag racing and want no unnecessary weight. and yes the stock rear lip should fit your bumper. i believe the bumpers r the same 96-00. ask around a lil more tho if u really wanna do that, cuz i am not positive.. just 95% sure.

and remember that's all my opinion. dont jus go buy stuff cuz i say it looks good. just take what everyone says into account and see what u like best for your car u know? good luck with future mods bro! :thumbup:

civicjoe8

anomaly8
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
imazn--yea...when I first brought my car I wanted it to look dramatically diff. from other civics (over a year ago)...but now I'm more into the clean look.

SickCiViC--ok...yea...most people on this site and my friends have been telling me the same thing...we are in a democracy and I'm going to have to go with the majority..lol...I'm tired of the way my car looks anyways...time for some change.