My 99 Civic EX DIY Headliner and door panels

ChaddiBJ8

5+ Year Member
Ever since i bought the car, the sunroof panel was all messed up. Didnt have the urge to do it but now i forced myself to do it.

A look at the sunroof panel

Decided to do the panels and armrest as well

Went to the store and decided i wouldnt leave until i pick something out... and decided on this:

the chic at the counter was suprised to see me shopping for fabric n asked me if i sew!! told her it was for the car. lol.

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What in the living hell happened to your sunroof panel??? Did you have a seizure with a sharpie in your hand? Where is the DIY part I just see the beginning and an end? Where is the how you went about doing it.

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You should post step by step...:thumbs up

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea my sunroof panel is the same except that there are half the scratches.

Sent from my Galaxy S-Triple

ChaddiBJ8

5+ Year Member
What in the living hell happened to your sunroof panel??? Did you have a seizure with a sharpie in your hand? Where is the DIY part I just see the beginning and an end? Where is the how you went about doing it.
You should post step by step...:thumbs up
sorry bout that.... dont have step by step pics for the arm rest or door panels... in the process of foin the headliner. ill step by step tht

ChaddiBJ8

5+ Year Member
On to the sunroof cover....

Had to remove the headliner n that involved removing the visors, dome light and grab handle.. after that the headline is just pretty much being held up by the two upper front panels.. jus pop them out and it slides right out.

getting the sunroof shade out was the tough part.. had to remove the sunroof which was a b!+(# to remove and install by yourself. didnt really care if i broke the sunroof shade cus i had another one that i was gonna use.. so i just slid it out after unscrewing the rails.

N dont forget to reattach the drain tubes..

sorry dont have any pics because i had to rush to beat the rain.. (cant have the sunroof out cus my car is parked outside)

When wrapping the shade i had to remove the plastic handle thats held in by two screws on the opposite side of the shade. you'll have to remove the black fabric covering to see them

ChaddiBJ8

5+ Year Member
Door panels... These were one of the easier things to wrap..
In order to wrap it you would have to remove the arm brace portion of the door panel which is held in place by some sort of melted plastic.. Snapped those off and got the arm rest.. i didnt remove the existing fabric to give extra cushioning. Used Headliner and uphostery adhesive to glue it on. To reinstall the arm brace back ito te door panel i opted to use small screws and washers to screw into the plastic..

Door panel Before:

Door panel After:

Genyc07

What is everyone screwing into mine don't seam to line up come close? Anyone have pics of how the reattached the armrests?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That fabric pattern seems to blend in well with the interior colors. I hope the fabric is durable enough to resist sun fading and constant arm contact.