My 99 EX with a couple extras

The Civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey everyone,

Here's my project for the last 3 years. Let me know what you think. I know it doesn't suit everyones tastes but It's coming along just the way I want it so I'm pretty happy (when it's running).

This last one is actually pretty old. Since then I've dyed the whole interior black, got seats & switched it to manual.

Engine Mods:
- Jackson Racing Supercharger w/ported & polished manifold & gooseneck
- Endyne 10 PSI stepper pulley
- NOS dry nitrous kit, 50 shot
- DC Sports 4-2-1 ceramic coated header
- Thermal R&D Classic 2.25" catback exhaust
- RC Engineering 310cc injectors
- AEM fuel pressure regulator
- Cartech fuel management unit
- modified 3" AEM cold air intake from an SI
- AEM Tru Time cam gear
- Denso Iridium plugs
- NGK wires
- APEXi V-AFC
- DC Sports front upper strut bar
- DC Sports rear lower tie bar
- Skunk2 coilovers
- Jun ultra-lightweight flywheel
- ACT 6 puck unsprung hub clutch
- Jackson Racing MAP controller

Outside Apperance:
- Kaminari fiberglass hood
- Tsunami T-2000 front facia
- Xenon sideskirts & rear bumper
- Enkei 17"x7" CDR9's
- Nitto NT555 tires 205/40
- Skunk2 coilovers
- Piaa headlight bulbs

Stereo (my favorite part):
Deck - Pioneer AVM-7000
- Pioneer AVX-7000R
Amps - Premier PRS-X720 (993x1 RMS on birth certificate)
- Premier PRS-X720 (961x1 RMS on birth certificate)
- Premier PRS-X340 (291x2 RMS on birth certificate)
DSP - Pioneer DEQ-9200
Subs - 6 Eclipse 87104DVC 10's
Speakers - Diamond Audio s600s 6.5" components
Multimedia - APEX DVD/MP3/CD/VCD player
Power - Stinger Dry Cell Battery
- 2 MCM Electronics 2 Farad caps

I've got it posted at www.cardomain.com/id/the_civic as well if you want a little more of the story on it.

Till L8er,
Ken

BioFreak69

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I usually dont like crazy bodykits and hoods but I like your car for some reason, looks good.

EXCivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks good i got a 1998 Ex civic Automatic. I wanted to know how much did you pay for the Automatic to Manual covertion and where did you do it?EXCivic

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
TIIIIIIIIIIIGHT! i LOVE that tsunami t2000 front bumber. i really want to put one on mine. what side skirts r those? anyway, EXTREMELY NICE CAR DUDE! i'd like to see recent pics... :D

The Civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the good words guys. I'll try to answer as many questions as I can when they're posted. After christmas I'll be able to take a few more pictures of whatever you guys want to see.

The body kit is a Kaminari fiberglass hood, Tsunami T2000 front bumper & Xenon side skirts & rear bumper

The tranny swap ended up costing me about $900, but that was with me & a buddy doing the work. Most quotes I got for it for a shop to do it were in the $1200 to $1400 range.

Thanks again,
Ken

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
now i notice the seats u put in, in some of those pics. what kind they is?

The Civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The seats are Corbeau Targa RS's black on black. They're really comfy but they don't have vinyl pads on the corners so they're starting to wear out just a little bit on the drivers side.

Ken

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they dont look too bad with the stock interior, as far as i can tell. what do u got your arm rest covered with? i need to do something with mine, it's getting a little dirty from my greasy ass arms after work. lol :T

The Civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That pic actually had a lot of the interior already dyed black. That was my first attempt at it & it didn't look that good in person.

The armrest is covered with thick vinyl that I got from a friend. The stuff is actually used to cover seats on minibikes, works great though. All you need to do it is take off the armrest cover & take it all apart, get some vinyl of your choice at a fabric store, & some 3M spray adhesive. I've tried using a lot of different spray glues & the 3M stuff works the best by far. Once the armrest is apart start wrapping & folding the vinyl over the stock one & reassemble it.

Ken

bolt

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i retract my prevous statement your car would eat mine alive BUT i would not give up w/o a fight

The Civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm glad to see that you'd still want a go at it. I hate it when people give up on anything before they try. Considering how often I break things on my car you'd have some pretty good odds that it would break during a race LOL. I'm working on the whole reliability thing over the winther though. This month the cooling system is getting replaced. WHOOHOO!!! :D:D:D

Ken

JDM Zorro

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn man whats the name of the hood that you got it lloks beautiful im thinking of getting it.
Really nice what company and how much you pay?