silverctr

Whaddaya lookin' at?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "abej6"

silverctr said:
Slow here too. 98 DX hatchy.
yea... go 98 dx hatchie's d16y7 right???
Yep. It's a little better with the EX intake manifold and EX AEM CAI though. ;)

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah sik_civi im thinkin of a b18a2, or even i cant get my hands on one for a good price a b16c5...

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Can you get your hands on a COUPLE of b18's, hook it up :nod:

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "BioHazard"

yeah sik_civi im thinkin of a b18a2, or even i cant get my hands on one for a good price a b16c5...
:2confused:

b16a2.... b18c5

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There are so many different motors lol

MystiCiViC97Ex

**FeEL THe GIrL**
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My Ex is slow also and it has like 127hp.. The other night on the Belt Pkwy this guy in a Geo Metro took me :oops: and when he got in front of me he put his caution lights on to show that he won :roll: anyway I would have took his a** but my mother was in the car and I did not feel like hearing her mouth. But there will be a next time! :twisted:

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
s**t i have my big bad d17 in my dx. i have a big woping 115hp. i want a k20 in my car so badly.

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah ive decided against the b18 and instead getting a complete swap kit for a b16a for only 2350, which is not bad, so expect new pics of my ride, in about 3 months(have to save up some CASH) with its nice new shiny stang stomper(no offence Turbozinc) engine, im so excited =)

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
in a heavy sedan, a b16 aint gonna be a stang stomper, unless your refering to v6 stangs. it will be quick tho, figure about what a 99-00 si runs, like a 15.0-15.5

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
factory si runs ~15.7..... if he gets the jdm b16a, which is what i think he will be getting, he would be looking at similar times in his 95 sedan..... i believe the 95 sedan is lighter than the 99-00 coupe (do not quote me on that), but you have to consider system and 17" rims......

so, mid to high 15's with some practice

good luck, though..... i remember how excited i was when my motor was in the mail on its way to me.... :mrgreen:

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
im still thinkin low 15's because just about everyone who gets a swap does at least the bolt ons, plus the jdm b16 has the extra 10 ponies to start with. im pretty sure the weight is pretty much the same, but its really impossible to tell without getting both on a scale. and remember a b16 is about 70lbs heavier than the stock d15, so that needs to be taken into account also.

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, well i dont plan on just bolting it in, i plan on the usual aftermarket accessories, header, cai, etc. and unfortunely im not as excited as you were team4r, its not in the mail yet, still saving up the cash :(...but yeah prolly wouldnt keep up with turbozinc, him and his v8 turbo...but hey something to works towards :D

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey biohazard when you get your swap done how hard is it gonna be to pass smog? I heard when you do swaps its a biach to pass smog??

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i live in New Mexico lol, and in the city where i live we have absolutey NO emissions laws, so you never have to get tested, and what not, thats the one great thing about my crap ass town....

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn your lucky man, but say you lived in Cali like me.........would you be able to pass smog w/ and engine swap? :?:

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont know lol, ive never had to worry about smog stuff, so im not sure how good/bad my engine is compared to the new one, but yeah im sure there would be stuff id have to fix before id be smog legal, lol we;ll have to wait till a cali user with a swap reads this ot trully find out =)

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if you transfer all the sensors from the donor car, and you keep your catalytic converter and you wire it all up correctly, there should be no change in emissions. emissions only get messed up when you dont keep the sensors/ have broken ones, use a test pipe, or mess up the wiring.