My Civic Is So Slow!!!!!!!!!!

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey i have the 92 hatch VX so thats what 92 hp...........lol
But i dont want to spend the thousands of dollars to buy a new engine right now......
so i need some adive on little things that i could be doing right now to give my car a little hp here
and a little there..............plz help me!!!

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
intake
exhaust
headers

??? Not many hp's, but maybe like 5 or so...

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont worry, my civic is super slow as well, your not the only one

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mines even slower

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What are you guys talking about i thought you all had these bad ass civics with engine swaps..................most of you guys drive stock?
Cool im not the only one 8)

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "92CivicVX"

What are you guys talking about i thought you all had these bad ass civics with engine swaps..................most of you guys drive stock?
ha... yeah clubcivic is an elite group of honda enthusiasts, all with rich volmes of knowledge, driving around in high powered, unique civics, with the ability to race and beat any car on the road.....

stock or not.. we are all members here because of one thing...

our hondas[/siz]

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "abej6"

92CivicVX said:
ha... yeah clubcivic is an elite group of honda enthusiasts, all with rich volmes of knowledge, driving around in high powered, unique civics, with the ability to race and beat any car on the road.....

stock or not.. we are all members here because of one thing...

[/quot]

:headbang:

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dont even bother wasting your money on that engine, it aint work it. i rarely say that, but its valid in this case. that motor was specificially designed to do one thing- get extremely good gas mileage. its has extremely tall gearing (bad for acceleration) and lean- burn technology in the ecu to allow the motor to run on tiny whisps of fuel. the only way to get that car to accelerate is a motor swap of some sort. the cheapest and easiest would be a d16z6 out of a 92-95 civic si or ex. they are cheap (you might even get it for free if someone is swapping it out of their car), it has much shorter gearing, and 125 hp. you will notice a huge difference. the next step from that is a b18b, b16a, or b18c. save your money for a swap of one of these engines, you will be a ton happier than if you blow a grand or so on intake, headers and exhaust.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey 92CivicVX, nice sig. post up picked of your car so dls can rate which car is more rice: mine, yours, or b16a2allmotor

caddy

I found Waldo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the vx is still a vtec, regrind your cams, reprogram your ecu and swap your tranny and you basically have an Si with slightly less displacement

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
vx has a different kind of vtec, called vtec-e. instead of normal vtec, which runs 2 low speed lobes that are the same lift and duration, along with the third high lift vtec cam, vtec-e has 3 separate cam profiles. below 2500rpm, when vtec is not engaged, one of the lobes is a regular low speed profile, while the other is almost round, and barely lifts the valve at all, its open just enough to prevent fuel from pooling on the backside of the valve, this promotes a swirl condition in the combustion chamber, that allows it to run extremely lean. after 2500rpm, the vtec engages and a normal profile lobe is engaged, and the engine returns to stoichiometric a/f ratio. it also has specialized intake runners that promote high speed air flow at low rpm, but severly chokes the engine at high rpm. im not sure if that ecu can be reprogramed to make it work to make hp, the code, fuel map, and ignitin timing changes would need to be so extensive that you might as well start with a blank ecu and go from there. and for the cost of the computer reprogram, cam grind, tranny swap, and other work needed to make it have some hp, you can get a good d16z6 motor and tranny, for which there are lots of aftermarket parts for. im not a huge fan of swaps, usually with the money spent you can have a faster car using your stock motor with a turbo or what have you, but this motor is just too heavily engineered with economy hardware to truly work as a performance engine. besides, you can usualy find z6's for free if you go to shops that do swaps, many times they will just throw the engines out. or even if you have to pay for it, there is so many out there that the cost should be minimal.

ReVtecSi

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
got NOS? got VTEC? i suggest getting one or the other........i prefer the swap.....

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Rice4Brains (No subject)
Posted: Sat May 03, 2003 3:27 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey 92CivicVX, nice sig. post up picked of your car so dls can rate which car is more rice: mine, yours, or b16a2allmotor

Man i cant even compete with your civic's lol, i just bought mine not that long ago, im ordering my body kit in 3 weeks so ill post pics when i get that put on, give me 4 months to rice it up. :smileyR:

slimstajimsta5

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha, i also am a proud owner of a bone stock civic.. but i'll have my AEM v2 on it once it comes in the mail.. lol, is that still considered stock?

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "92CivicVX"

Rice4Brains (No subject)
Posted: Sat May 03, 2003 3:27 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man i cant even compete with your civic's lol, i just bought mine not that long ago, im ordering my body kit in 3 weeks so ill post pics when i get that put on, give me 4 months to rice it up. :smileyR:
dude, just hit the quote button instead of copying everthing.... i was like WTF???? :wink:

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "silverctr"

Slow here too. 98 DX hatchy.
yea... go 98 dx hatchie's d16y7 right???

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice sig, nice cars..... 8)

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol yep i got a bone stock(well a short ram intake) sedan civic(D15b7, lots of power lol) and can basically get worked by anyone on the road...but a engine swap is in my near future, just trying to get hooked up with a decent b-series...