my dash lights are not working can anyone help

Civic210

hello my dash lights aint working. head lights turn on tail lights turn on checked fuse it is good. dont know what else it could be if anybody has an idea please reply. its hard to drive at night when i cant tell how fast im going

Finnish~Racer

The ONLY Finnish-Canadian
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
check both hood and dash fuses.

i wasn't sure if you'd only checked some of them.

RonJ

Banned
Check 7.5A fuse 30. Is the dimmer switch turned off?

If both above are good, then pry the dimmer switch out of the dash, unplug the switch, and install a jumper wire into the plug to short the red wire to the black wire. Do the dash lights now work?

jbwilliam

Did you recently install a head unit? Same thing happened to me when i put my head unit in. Stock head units have a wire that wires to the stock cd player that controls lighting from the dimmer switch. With mine the wire wasn't grounded fully. We had tape on it but it would still hit the metal. So once it hits the metal it kept shorting out. taped all back together and put some extra on to be safe and it fixed the problem. swapped out the blown fuse and it was working perfect.

Civic210

Thanks ronj that made it work but can I keep it bridged like that till I get a new one or do I gotta put a fuse or something. And thank you jb william n yes I do have a jvc deck n I thought that was the problem thank you for your time

Civic210

Well I'll crimped some connecters n slid them in the holes n it fits perfectly n I just put the deffective dimmer switch and back so I don't have a hole in my dash but I want it correct you know so I'll get a new dimmer switch thank you for your time