My EK Sedan Build

Spyro

5+ Year Member
Hello Club Civic members, this is my daily driver. It's a super clean 1999 Honda Civic EX. I am the second owner of this car, the first owner was my uncle, and it has always been babied since its been off the lot. The car had 42,002 original miles when I bought it. I was 15 years old in 2009. It has been garage kept until I was able to drive it at 16. Although the car had a couple of ricey features like chrome rims, weird lights, and neons, it looked pretty good at the time and the engine was well kept with only full synthetic oil, and premium gas (and still does). I began to replace a couple of parts at a time. The motor is bone stock, and the paint has been untouched, it's 100% factory paint, never been painted. I've had many people ask me where I got my paint job considering it looks super clean and not faded. I intend to convert it to manual in the near future, and then buy a B16b later. And yes I know the car needs a drop, but I want coil overs and they're not that cheap for me considering I only have a part time job :( I also got my hands on a 1986 Camaro IROC-Z to work on... which might eat some of my pockets too.

Pics when I first got it:

Pics of my work in progress:

First I got a CTR Grille

I had to take off the whole bumper since the OEM grille had screws in it... -_-

Then I got a set of steelies for free and bought some new tires for it and took the chromes off for the winter and try to sell them...

I got a set of 50/50 tails

I love hand washing my car, it always looks 150 times better :thumbs up

Bought a Soshinoya badge

Got the OEM headlights back from my uncle, but they were hazed so I took them to get cleaned up and look like new again =)

I got my red Honda emblems and it was time to replace old ones

And the Xracing and KEA dealer sticker the next day....

Bought a JDM EK-9 plate at Honda Day 2010 (I know I have an EJ8 and it is also an EK4)

Ordered my Rota's

Got the tires...

And.... The resluts...

I got my fog lights installed...

Poly CTR style lip

Black housings with 8k Blue HID kit

Bought a rear visor from PasswordJDM

Sold the old stereo and got a 6.5" Pioneer in-dash stereo with navigation and a 12" Kicker Solo Baric L5 sub

(Old picture, temporary placement before I got the dash kit)

Got my JDM power-folding mirrors from cheeseneck here on CC

Plate relocater, BWR rear tow-hook, rear lower control arms from Honda Day 2011, and Beaks lower tie bar from VraceWorks

Representin' VraceWorks; hooked me up with the Beaks middle tie bar.

M3 Spoiler

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's come a long way, great job so far!

Decipher

Registered VIP
needs low. Nice start. I want those side mirrors.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks nice bro, what'd u clean the headlights with, there f**kin cleeeaaan! haha

Spyro

5+ Year Member
Looks nice bro, what'd u clean the headlights with, there f***in cleeeaaan! haha
LOL thanks, I actually took it to a local detailer and paid them like 100 bucks to do it. I bet it was just a regular haze cleaning product, but they used a buffer, which is a lot easier than doing it by hand with the cheap pads and stuff that came with the product...

Spyro

5+ Year Member
Thanks everyone. I'm gonna order an m3 spoiler for the trunk next week.

RauReiter

Man, your civic is looking dope. Mad respect on being young and doing your civic properly, i can't wait to see what the future holds for you bro. :rocker:

Spyro

5+ Year Member
Updates!!!!! I finally had the time to put the spoiler on and take a couple of pics... Hope you like it.

Spyro

5+ Year Member
Thnx guys. I'm trying to get my Camaro done. I'll post those up another day