anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
ok, since i've made so many eq2 sigs lately, i'm gonna put em up here for some constructive criticism... help me make em better...

this first one is the first eq2 sig i ever made...

i think i've been getting better....

here's one of bunny and i... the text is in highelf, maybe the two or three eq2 players here can decipher it ;)

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WoW sigs > EQ sigs

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
what part of constructive did you guys miss?

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dunno why but they all seem kind of bland. Like, here's a shot of the game with some text. Maybe combine two shots of the same character from two angles to make a more dynamic image?

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They are all missing an important thing.... A border... That small little line, or whatever you make it to be, adds a lot of "finish" to sigs...

Also, your text generally overwhelms the image itself.... It needs to be smaller and inconspicuous.... If you want people to really look at your characters or whatever is in the image then you need to make sure their attention isn't grabbed by something else....

You have some cool screenshots, but you need to mess around with your composition and placement a bit more.... ;)

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^ :werd: the 2nd one, with the 1pixel border makes a huge difference.....

other than that, ive never played the game, so im not even sure what im looking at, other than its obviously your character.....

but yeah, start putting that little border on there, maybe add another image with a nice fade :thumbs up

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i suck at fades and composing scenes :\ any tips on that?

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Layer two photos and lower the opacity on the eraser tool. Mess around a little bit and experiment. If you don't like how it looks, History is your friend, go back to the beginning and try something else.

And an easy border is to create a new piece with a black fill at 500x100. Then make the pretty part in another piece sized at 498x98. Finish and flatten the pretty, then copy and paste it onto the black background and you have a perfect easy black 2 pixel border with no messing around with line tools.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
cool i'll give that a shot....

btw, can anyone recommend me some axles?

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i personally think it's just the game's graffix.
maybe it's because im so used to WoW.

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
we don't give a f**k about WOW. You've now posted not one but two useless posts in Anf's thread.

Anf: Axles? Like for your car?

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
LowNotSlow said:
we don't give a f**k about WOW. You've now posted not one but two useless posts in Anf's thread.

yeah... s**t went awry when the brakes locked up

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ouch. You should be able to get some OEM rebuilds for pretty cheap.

mint

Club Civic Sanny!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
constructive > Make the font more readable maybe.

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LowNotSlow said:
He was making a comparison with a similar game.... No need to get all worked up about it.... :what:

Although his first post was a bit useless.... :scurred:

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
LowNotSlow said:

Calm the f**k down. Jesus christ. You act like your f**kin Mr. Big or something.

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and here's another useless post that has NOTHING to do with the original question. There's nothing in the thread about WOW vs. EQ2. In fact WOW isn't mentioned at all. Go ahead and defend off topic posters who jump into threads to post bullshit and don't actually help anybody.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LowNotSlow said:
and i dont give a f**k about you.
now i'll post more.

grats.
also, reading comprehension > you
if you read a bit closer, by me judging the game's graffics, i instantly gave an honest opinion on what i thought was wrong with the sigs. of course, you couldn't figure that out on your own because you were too busy getting your butt hurt in a thread that isn't even yours.

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mr. Lin said:
WoW sigs > EQ sigs
Saying that the graphics aren't as good isn't constructive, he can't change the graphics of the game, they are what they are. Instead, try to list something that he CAN change, like the text, or a border, or the overall layout of the sig. Lots of games have better graphics, but it doesn't matter because he plays EQ and wants to make sigs from it.

Heaven forbid someone should try to keep the thread helpful, oh no, he's just being butt hurt.