my exhaust is annoying

Elton

i bought a 97 civic lx 4dr has a b16a swap has a cheap lookin 4 into 1 header its pretty close to the oil pan any thoughts what else would work ? ....i had a new cat installed and im pretty sure its a megan racing cat back im guessing the fart can was cut off and replaced with a M-OE Muffler.... the dam thing drones soo much and dont even sound good looking to just replace the muffler is my guess ? ... also i got a pretty much new megan racing 4-2-1 header on my 90 integra with a b18b could i use that instead ?

DeathLens

EM1 Crew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
does it have a resonator?

reichbc

"Brandon"
From what I've learned here at CC, generally you can use almost any B-series headers on any B-series motor. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, what kind of sound are you trying to achieve? Deep, low and powerful, or rice burner snap crackle pop?

Elton

some thing smooth and crisp i like the exhaust on my teg has 14'' glass pack to a 14'' magnaflow sounds good not ricey

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
From what I've learned here at CC, generally you can use almost any B-series headers on any B-series motor. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, what kind of sound are you trying to achieve? Deep, low and powerful, or rice burner snap crackle pop?
usually you cant use a b16 specific header on a B18 because of the taller deck height, they hit the oil pan. But in the case of using a B18 header on a B16 then all should be okay

OP what size is your piping, are you running a cat and resonator?

Elton

thats what im thinking of doing just getting a maganflow muffler i guess if its too ricey just add another resonator lol

Elton

what no its a muffler dunno also found a injen muffler kinda cheap might get it give it a try

Elton

ok dont hate me but for giggles tell my dc sport muffler gets hear... i cut off the old muffler o sweet lord never heard a honda sound so mean in my life ! there is zero rasp dam near sounds like a wrx,,its really not bad tell the vtec cracks i drove it a good 300 miles today and it was not annoying at all

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you cut off your muffler you probably took away some power/torque too since N/A motors need that back pressure..but as long as you like it :thumbup:

Elton

i still got a oem type cat and a resonator the megan muffler is only like 11'' long its only temp tell my other one gets here

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
meh, just not a huge fan of how civics sound but its not to bad

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Can't believe people haven't caught this yet. He mentions the other header is from a B18B and not a B18C. It won't fit onto your B16A. The V-TEC head is different. It is was the GS-R then you could.