My first civic! 2000 EX

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey guys just joined ClubCIvic, thought I'd start off by posting my civic. I bought a 2000 Honda Civic EX just last week. It's completely stock right now, has mint condition interior, and pretty good paint. =) The rims came with it, so I just threw them on. Not my first choice for rims, but I'm a poor college student, I'll take what I can get.

Needs a drop bad.

It's gonna be a slowwww build.

Here it is the day I got it:

Used a restoration kit on the headlights. Left one is finished and the right was what they both looked like.

Clay barred and waxed it, painted calipers, and put the rims that came with it on. How it sits now:

emerican

Registered VIP
Welcome to the site and it looks pretty good man
Any plans for the motor?

Decipher

Registered VIP
That's a clean start. Nothing wrong with a slow build... that usually means you're doing it right. My title doesn't state it, but my build moves slower than the continents shift... mostly because I rushed into it and did everything wrong the first time.

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks Decipher! Love your car and build thread.

Yeah slow is gucci for me. I want to do everything right and take my time and enjoy it.

What are yall's thoughts about the shock and struts?

emerican

Registered VIP
Mine moves slow as s**t as well lol
Shocks and struts can be good or bad depends on the set up what setup you thinking about
You will want to start getting more power outa her soon man trust me lol
I have always started my builds at motor and suspension stuff save ice and exterior stuff for somewhat last

Mern

Come at me bro.
Mine hasn't moved in weeks, on the plus side you've got a nice clean car which looks pretty damn good. Welcome.

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks guys!

@ Emerican - I'm looking at Tokico shocks and struts or possibly koni yellows front and back with some lowering springs. I'm sure you're right about me wanting more power, but my car before this was a 1995 4 cyl ford ranger -his thing feels like a supercar compared to that so I'm loving the power of this slow civic. :-P when i'm riding along my buddy's wrx I quickly lose that feeling though. lol

My big future plan is to have a k20 put in it. I plan on keeping this car long enough to do that. That's why I'm not too concerned about performance just yet. I'll prob do some bolt ons like exhaust, intake manifold, CAI, etc. As for now it just needs a tune up. gonna get some new spark plugs on thursday and put them in

emerican

Registered VIP
You getting ngk plugs and ngk blue wires right lol
thats funny about the ranger lol

Kalindian

New Civic Here!
I will post my build thread once i'm done. I plan on buying my first aftermarket parts in 1 or 2 weeks (progress cs-II coilovers) and rims (Drag DR-31) 4-6 months after that. so yea, i know how a slow build goes haha :P

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I will post my build thread once i'm done. I plan on buying my first aftermarket parts in 1 or 2 weeks (progress cs-II coilovers) and rims (Drag DR-31) 4-6 months after that. so yea, i know how a slow build goes haha :P
Did you consider Funtion & Form also? I think they're both like the same quality. and nice rim choice! ;)

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So my check engine light came on about 3 days after I got it (weird right?). I took it to autozone to have it read and the code said it could be a couple things. I took it to the Meineke who had inspected it the day I got it, and they said it's probably the catalytic converter and possibly the o2 sensor. Searching around I found this today:

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1901557

I did all that and found out that it is just my o2 sensor. Thank you Lord!

I'm gonna try to change the o2 sensor myself, its the one in the header. Has anybody changed their o2 sensor? Is it hard to do?

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Here are some more pics of the car and it's interior (different lighting in different pics):

Decided to clean the engine bay. Here are before and after pics:

Detroit ricer

nice car man im actually digging those rims, ur just needs a lip, fogs, si grill and a drop and ur car will be pretty sick

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice car man im actually digging those rims, ur just needs a lip, fogs, si grill and a drop and ur car will be pretty sick
Thanks man! I'm starting to really like them too. yeahh I need a drop bad, I'm embarrassed to drive around that high up. :x