My first ride (pics)

carbonculture

5+ Year Member
Hi guys, this is my first call- a humble white 93' civic D/X :oops:

Ive had this for three weeks now and it was standard when i goti it. Have lots of plans for it but need to wait for the bank balance to get healthier again :oops:

This months mods include:

17" Inovite Arro gunmetal rims with low pro tyres
4.5" savage back box
carbon rear clusters
ripspeed solid alluminium gearknob
black twin halo headlamps
a thourough wash with turtle wax and polish >`
JUN style front lip-will fit on once i find some nice skirts and rear lip.

I am going for the subtle but mean look so no OTT bumbers or spoilers though i do hjave my eye on the tasty spoon one :suprise:

heres some pics

the frot lights are being fitted tommorrow, cant't wait!

Next month i definately need to get some decent damper and springs to slam it 40mm, it rolls badn i take corners at 60mph atm :evil: a strut brace might help too. Any suggestions on which suspension kit? i'm not too bothered about adjustability.

Cheers
Carb

5thGenCX

long gearing owns me.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wrong section my friend! Very nice hatch though, dropping it will make such a difference.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks good but slam her and ditch the lights

madhopz88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i'd change the lights and drop it. other than that, its really clean. nice pic up.

carbonculture

5+ Year Member
Chaos said:
wow drop that....way to high for those rims imo
If you guys read the thread...

dropping it is next on my agenda! Its far too high for any fast corners. Change those lights as in don't fit them on? they look real sweet in the flesh! I actualy have a slightly faulty standard healight anyway...so buying them wasn't without proper reason =)

Whats a good drop for a civic on 17s?

96 EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks very good. I love those wheels and good luck with future mods. If you like the lights, then go for it. I like them by the way.

carbonculture

5+ Year Member
96 EK said:
Looks very good. I love those wheels and good luck with future mods. If you like the lights, then go for it. I like them by the way.
Thanks dude, i like them too-hence buying them :lol:
they are fitted but the halo rings need extra wiring and relays to work so gonna sort them out this weekend. as they are they look sweet even when not light up at all!

Carbon

b16bang

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OMG!!! you could fit all of noah's arc in ur wheel well gap, ROFL. j/k, but slam that b***h man. Get a good set of coilovers, or spring/shock combo..IMO i'd say go with a nice spring shock combo...

b16bang

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oh and if were you I'd get some eyebrows (MAKE SURE U PAINT THEM) for those headlights, OR go with some TYC projectors. I believe the TYC's are the best looking projectors for the 5thgen civic. And umm..well done so far. make sure you don't half ass any mechanics..matter-of-fact don't half ass ANYthing you do alright man?

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Eh.... Not my cup of tea thus far....

IMO, wheels are too big for a hatchie, taillights are not my choice, and I dont like halos.... But its not my car, so do what you will.... ;)

carbonculture

5+ Year Member
Jeez guys, do u read what i wrote? i almost immedietly said that slamming it is my next move! Im just looking for the right shocks/springs kit so it looks good and handles well too!

Any sugggestions on which brand? Does it improve the performance of the car?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yes, deinately at least lose the taillights. Stock, or white and clear '99-'00 OEM styled taillights always look good.

And hot Corrado in the background! (<-- Loves all Corrados.)

SI-vic lover

5+ Year Member
aosduihfaosiudh

hate to say it but that looks like its meant for offroad use.....17's are WAY too big for a civic .....16's maybe, altezzas are gayer than hell and the halos arent cuttin it......now if u put some rota 15-16's (or honda 15'' aloys, fat fives, si, blades).......oem blackhoused headlights, and red/clr tails that thing would be HAWTTT!!!

ryanM

umm, it looks ok i guess. wheels are too big IMO, altho i like the style. and im not a fan of the headlights, or taillights. other than that its a good start. cant wait to see it dropped :thumbs up