my first swap

2oh6

Hey guys, rookie here. My names Jay and i picked up a 93 captiva blue eg hatch about 6 months ago for a daily, and just like the title says, im about to attempt my first swap. I'm always having an issue with the clutch with this d16z6 and ive probably replaced the clutch master cylinder about 5 times and the clutch slave since ive 2 since i owned it. last time i replaced the slave and master cylinder i got a brand new exedy OEM clutch kit and replaced the clutch along with the pressure plate. within 2 months of driving, it started acting up again so i said f**k it, i'm getting a b-series(not realizing how hard they are to find/excluding b20s).

While I was on the hunt for this rare b series, i happened to come across an interesting guy at the gas station who has a black '00 GSR that had an LSturbo who is now in the process of converting the dc2 into a RWD vehicle. i couldnt believe what i was hearing when he told me that, he has an f20b that he's sitting on and is trying to get rid of so he can finish his RWD conversion. So I snatched that gem out his pockets and filled it with cash the very next day.

Now that I have a motor and the H2B kit, i need a transmission.. I would've had everything today being that i paid $400 for a y80 nearly 2 weeks ago and told the guy i'd give him another $400 when he drops off the transmission. Can you believe he had the audacity to tell me that he didn't want to sell it anymore and he'll pay me back my $400 in 2 weeks??!!!?!? I feel like strangling the guy.. but anyways, now im on a hunt for a transmission and kind of curious... What transmission would you get for this swap? I plan to drive it as a daily so i'm not going tooo crazy with mods..

pictures coming soon

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Now that I have a motor and the H2B kit, i need a transmission. What transmission would you get for this swap?
Seems pretty simple to me, either get a b series or H series transmission.