My new suspension

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, one of my boys called and said that he had some KYB AGX's with ground control coilovers for $250. I told him that I'd give him $150 and we both settled for $160. I'll post up some pics in a little bit, I have them at my brother's place. I think I got a good deal :D

Cool guy :thumbs up

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I can't wait to throw them on :D

92EH9

flat black rat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i used to have those same coilovers. make sure that the allen bolts arent siezed, mine were after one winter so i did a sell and install deal and got rid of them

JL

Doodoo Brown Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why are the rears so damn filthy?

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
B16EJ1 said:
Why are the rears so damn filthy?
I don't know :???: maybe because they're used :lol:

Asthmatic said:
Very nice setup biz...post pics asap.
Thanks dude, it was either this or some illumina's and I figured that if I didn't like these then I would just buy me the illuminas anyway. s**t, I got these for pretty cheap. They only have like 2k miles on them, he bought them last year. My boy might be gone for a while ;) and needed the $$$ bad so he gave me a good deal. It'll suck to see him go but you gotta do whatch gotta do, ya know.

I got a question tho. Why does one of the shocks have that black thing on top of the coil over and the other doesn't? Am I missing something

Zenray

7@WOT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that looks like a dust cover. You are talking about the black thing in the center of the spring right?

JL

Doodoo Brown Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks like they were on a 4x4 that went mudd'n.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Zenray said:
that looks like a dust cover. You are talking about the black thing in the center of the spring right?
yeah, I looked around and I didn't see any other AGX's with them. I think it'll be cool :D

B16EJ1 said:
Looks like they were on a 4x4 that went mudd'n.
:rolf:

who knows, I do wonder why the reare are greasy as f**k but just as long as they work I don't care how dirty they are

My friend had them on his sprayed ls vtec crx. I might have some picss of it somewhere :???:

gabebauman

Sk8aholic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
By the looks of the rears...you might want to check to see if they're blown or not. That grease is a sign of a blown shock. If you push down on the shock rod and it doesn't come back up slowly...it's blown. Try that. And that black thing on the front might be the rubber sleeve/spacer that makes the sleeve tight on the shock shaft. Either way...$160 is killer deal.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
gabebauman said:
By the looks of the rears...you might want to check to see if they're blown or not. That grease is a sign of a blown shock. If you push down on the shock rod and it doesn't come back up slowly...it's blown. Try that. And that black thing on the front might be the rubber sleeve/spacer that makes the sleeve tight on the shock shaft. Either way...$160 is killer deal.
Hopefully not :( but if they are I'll throw a vid up of what happens :x

So do I have to take the coilovers off to check them or can I check them with the coilovers on? Thanks for the help :D

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you gotta take the coilovers off to check.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
First off I'd like to thank gabebauman and Melt for their help. Yes, the rear shocks were bad :( The shock rod would just fall down when you picked it up. The seller honestly didn't know it and gave me my money back no questions asked :D He's one cool guy

Now I have to go buy me a brand new suspension.

gabebauman

Sk8aholic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Were all the shocks blown or just the rears? Because you got a great deal for $160. I'm sure you could get two rear AGX's for $150 to replace the blown ones...then you've only spent about $310 on a complete coilover setup. Oh well...glad I could be of assisstance.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
gabebauman said:
Were all the shocks blown or just the rears? Because you got a great deal for $160. I'm sure you could get two rear AGX's for $150 to replace the blown ones...then you've only spent about $310 on a complete coilover setup. Oh well...glad I could be of assisstance.
Dude, thanks alot or your help :thumbs up

Yeah, I just got my money back but I really wanted them tho. I'm just going to have my lady get me the tokico illumina's and I'll buy myself the springs. It'll be a late father's day gift but it's worth the wait :D

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
springs tend to ride a bit better than coilovers anyways

2001 jdm civic

5+ Year Member
With they kyb agx you cant go below 2.0 drop you void the warrenty . so with springs . i have them on my cavlier there are nice ride..with the right setup.

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn! Well i guess its the risk you take when you buy used stuff.. sucks though..