My Personal Shop Build

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hello everyone, I'm currently building a shop in my very own backyard. It's not open for business, It's just for my friends and I to use. Its 6000 sq ft, 16ft tall. My land is 4 acres so the shop won't take away from my home. Once the shop is up, there will be more updates on my Civic and I'll also be building real race cars.

Enjoy.

My '79 Camaro Z28, I will also be restoring this. I swear, every week people ask to buy this car.

My shop doors, 4 total.

The wooden picket fences were taken down and replaced with some vinyl fences.

Here are the vinyl fences, we put them up ourselves. We hit several hard pans. There will be two 20ft gates with roads that lead to the shop.

Here are pictures that I took today.

It should be done by the end of May. I am also replacing the tiles inside my home, so maybe longer?

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
With this kind of money.....I better see you upgrade past the Civic after this s**t gets built!!

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
With this kind of money.....I better see you upgrade past the Civic after this s*** gets built!!
Forreals LOL the goal for my Civic is just a daily driven 13 sec car. I have a built 383 on the side pushing over 1k horses, I'm thinking about putting it in a Datsun.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
F UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Can I use a bay?

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
U and I need to become friends lol. But naw dude looks like its gonna be sick, how long till you get to play in it?

IwantVtec

Registered VIP
Jesus christ! lol that definitely will be fun for you and your friends. How much total to build ?

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
U and I need to become friends lol. But naw dude looks like its gonna be sick, how long till you get to play in it?
Probably by the end of May. I can't wait!

Jesus christ! lol that definitely will be fun for you and your friends. How much total to build ?
A lot lol. Enough to buy a '11 Corvette ZR1. I also have a lift, plasma cutter, pipe bender, pipe threader, tons of snap on stuff, compressors, etc.

I want to get a banner for the shop, help me think of a name?
A buddy said "The Batcave".

IwantVtec

Registered VIP
So you wont use this as a business area aswell? I mean you would be getting alot if you rent it out to someone and also have them work on your car for free :] lol

Paul79UF

So you wont use this as a business area aswell? I mean you would be getting alot if you rent it out to someone and also have them work on your car for free :] lol

That's not a bad idea. Some people who don't have a garage or tools may give you some cash to work on their cars in your shop.

purpej1

honda fiend
Registered VIP
thats crazy i wish more people would get motivated to do things like this. glwb got me more excited then actual car builds.

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Actually me and a few friends are have been plannign on doing something like this lol..property in Corbet isnt to high and they have HUGE yards, been looking at a 4acre place myself. Just have to get my promotion first lol. Im jealous lol. I smell some crazy builds in the future! We want to namer out shop fujiwara's tofue shop lol..im a initial D nerd or project D

if you do "rent" bays out id set up security and make a check out system so ur tools dont go home w/ soem1

purpej1

honda fiend
Registered VIP
yah are lucky tho only place i have to work on my car is my complex parking lot wich is againts the rules and my grandmoms backyard wich is 45 minutes away.

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Probably not. I'd have to get a business and crap. Side job? Probably but I don't want to liable for anything.

That's not a bad idea. Some people who don't have a garage or tools may give you some cash to work on their cars in your shop.
As long as they don't get hurt lol.

if you do "rent" bays out id set up security and make a check out system so ur tools dont go home w/ soem1
I would have to be there to supervise them, I don't trust people lol. There will be security and hopefully a dog soon.

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Some updates.

Most of this crap will have to be moved to make way for the cement trucks, about 12 trucks will be dropping by.

Rebars.

This is were my dual post car lift will be mounted, I may have to dig it about 6 inches deeper.

Fences I have yet to install.

Honda 5.0 baby.

I need to relocate the propane tank.

And heres my Civic lol.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wow, you have A LOT OF f**king LAND? luls... Pretty cool to see you building up a personal little shop. I wish I had the luxury to do something like this in the future!

Good luck with errthang!

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oh yea, what kind of goodies are you going to have inside this shop? A few lifts, etc... ?

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh yea, what kind of goodies are you going to have inside this shop? A few lifts, etc... ?
Just one lift, air compressor, plasma cutter, pipe benders, all types of welders, about 6 rolling snap on tool cabinets, hmm more s**t but I don't remember, bearing press, um ?

The rebars should be in tomorrow.