ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Some progress. Got a new garage door installed over the weekend. Had to replace everything including the wood trim around the door. Took 17 hours to do everything. I still need to paint the wood, trim, and the door to match. The other door is going to be a pain b/c the bulkhead needs to get torn down for clearance... That's next weeks project though.

1- And a pic of my free hot tub. I have all the pieces for it.

2- Holes and wires for outlets for garage door openers

8- Old vs. New

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Finally got around to getting some things done. Got the deck all pressure washed and got the carpet out and ready for hardwood. The bedrooms will be torn up this week and will be replaced with new carpet.

DRISSN

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yup. Been in the same house in Cincy for 19 years. Went to NKU.
no s**t? Thats where i'm at right now. we have a local group that gets together fairly often... we have a little bit of everything, you should come down sometime.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Looking great dude.

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Looking real nice man. I really like the color choice you made. I just painted my room that color...

Are you going to be going with hardwood in that big living room area? I feel like it would set it off nicely with a nice wood, would be pricey but im sure it will look great with whatever you decide to go with.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks guys.

I haven't painted anything Sam. I am thinking about going with a light color but don't know what yet. Where you see subfloor now will be hardwood. So the dining room, family room and hallway. Not sure what exactly I am getting though. I also plan to get enough to do the kitchen when I get around to redoing that.

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats a nice place. 1700sq ft is huge! Mines less than 1000 and im on .52 acres. Unfortunately that kitchen is in serious need of attention. I couldnt work in there. Its sad they have that much space and never expanded it. be careful with the hardwood flooring. I have NO carpet in my entire house. Its all orignal wood flooring. I would like to get some carpet.

Whats the market like out there?? How much did you pick it up for, if you dont mind me askin?? We paid just under 130K for ours then rifinaced.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thats a nice place. 1700sq ft is huge! Mines less than 1000 and im on .52 acres. Unfortunately that kitchen is in serious need of attention. I couldnt work in there. Its sad they have that much space and never expanded it. be careful with the hardwood flooring. I have NO carpet in my entire house. Its all orignal wood flooring. I would like to get some carpet.

Whats the market like out there?? How much did you pick it up for, if you dont mind me askin?? We paid just under 130K for ours then rifinaced.
My parent have hardwood on most of their main floor and I love it. The main living area will be hardwood but the bedrooms and basement living area will be carpet. I know the kitchen needs a ton of work. I would love to knock out a wall and put the sink and stuff under the window but that sits to low and I would have to redo the window so I don't think that will happen any time soon. With it being only me I should be able to make it work.

Well this was a foreclosure and it was on the market for $105 but I ended up paying $112 because of the multiple offers. There was a house on the market with mine on the same street but corner lot with the same sq ft for i think $140? Not sure what it sold for though. It was in better shape inside but still really outdated.

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah but it was a corner lot. Usually those have more land. Damn you got that cheap tho! And thats an awesome idea for your carpet. The only places i dont want carpet right now the dining room, kitchen, batroom and laundry room. I wish i had carpet everywhere else. How old is the house?? Ours is from the 70's. My neighbors house is up for sale for more than what we paid for this place.

My neighbors house. What 140k gets around here.
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/7083-Hwy-51_Deforest_WI_53532_1119029600?source=web

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks. House was built in 74. Oh, and the bathrooms are currently tile and will stay that way. I will redo them but with a different tile.

I just looked the other house up. It sold for $126,500. I couldn't seem to find the lot size though. I would imagine it is close to what I have for mine. So basically for $125k to $130k around here you can get about 1700-1800sq ft built in the mid 70's

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats pretty cheap. Maybe i should move.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Jesus thats ridiculous. Well maybe thats normal, and the house my dad and I just got is ridiculous. We just closed a month ago on a quarter of an acre, with 1,120 sq. feet and paid somewhere around $230. I mean its a decent neighborhood, just a random back street like the house you have. But its just a small 3 bdrm, 1 bath, ranch.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jesus thats ridiculous. Well maybe thats normal, and the house my dad and I just got is ridiculous. We just closed a month ago on a quarter of an acre, with 1,120 sq. feet and paid somewhere around $230. I mean its a decent neighborhood, just a random back street like the house you have. But its just a small 3 bdrm, 1 bath, ranch.
This is on the cheap side. Plus it is an older house too. And it is a small town just before farm country...

More updates. Stripped the office and took the closet apart.

And did the same to the master.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
So where do you sleep? A.K.A. where do you bring the girls after Jolly drops them off in his van?

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Right now I am not actually living there but will be that green room that had the mirrors. They will not be going back up.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Thank god lol. Large mirrors like that are tacky. Its looking good dude, you are making great progress.

raz18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^eh.. some girls like to see the action.

very nice house man. Its great!! Very nice size as well. in process of buying my own as well 4 br 1640 sq ft. 80k. Im in Arizona though.