ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So a few of you may know but I bought a house April 26th. 1700sq ft, 3 bed, 2.5 bath, .45 acres all to myself. Here are some pictures and some work done today.

1: Yard cleaned up a bit.=

6: Overgrown fire pit

7: Firewood that needs to be cleaned up

8: Deck before

10: Deck After

12: Family Room

13: Family Room from dining room

14: Dining room from family room

15: Kitchen

18: Office

19: Guest room

21: Full hall bath

Mater Bedroom and Bath

26: Basement Game Room: Closest will be ripped out for built in book cases and entertainment center

28: Crack in the wall so opened up to investigate. The wood panel was coming down anyway. The top half is actually cloth that is coming down too.

30: Actual hole is toward the bottom

32: Removed stapled wiring and lights from the ceiling. Putting them back up properly behind the drywall

34: Back door primed and painted. Not the final color. All my dad had around the house until I can get the right color

That's all for now. Plans for now are to get the yard cleaned up a bit more, finish pressure washing the deck and getting it stained and protected. Driveway needs to be cleaned as well. As for inside, get the basement sealed, replace garage doors, wiring and put it garage door openers, remove carpet on the main floor and replace with hardwood, paint and replace carpet in bedrooms. Thoughts, ideas, suggestions all welcome.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I dont know if you noticed, but you dont have any furniture in most of your rooms :lol:

Looks like a BIG house for just yourself, but thats pretty cool. Nice house though. Do you plan to actually continue living in the house, or just flip it?

My dad and I will be homeowners finally in about 10 days, cant wait, been living in the living room for the past year. Still a lot of stuff to do around here as far as packing goes too. Still really excited though.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ur kitchen cabinets r crooked...

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just did the same thing. Bought a house and put a facelift on the inside of it ($40k) ekk. Next is an inground.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
congrats on the new house op

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I dont know if you noticed, but you dont have any furniture in most of your rooms :lol:

Looks like a BIG house for just yourself, but thats pretty cool. Nice house though. Do you plan to actually continue living in the house, or just flip it?

My dad and I will be homeowners finally in about 10 days, cant wait, been living in the living room for the past year. Still a lot of stuff to do around here as far as packing goes too. Still really excited though.
Yeah, furniture helps when you actually own some... But yeah. I am doing some renovation work like the hardwood floors, carpet and paint before I move in so I am not moving that s**t around. It is a decent sized house but I will be living in it in a few months once I can get he work done. Reason it will be taking so long is my dad just took a job in Denver so will be traveling all week so I won't have much help during the week. Congrats on the house.

very noice. needs a drop and a lip though :lol:
The car in the garage has a drop. Does that count? :lol:

ur kitchen cabinets r crooked...
Its the vaulted ceiling from the family room and dining room. They are ugly so I will probably get some paint on them to start out. Will get replaced down the road though.

very nice house man you are living good.
Thanks man.

just did the same thing. Bought a house and put a facelift on the inside of it ($40k) ekk. Next is an inground.
I wish I had the $40k to redo the house. Everything I wanna do would get done right away. A pool would be nice but I think due to all the trees in the yard I am going to stick with a hot tub for right now since I may be getting one for free.

congrats on the new house op
Thanks man.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Pay rent and I might think about it

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Can I move in?
I've got a like 5 room shed that you can rent Dennis, park your car right next to your bedroom, s**t, I'll even insulate and put power in one of them if you wanna rent it. :lol:

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've got a like 5 room shed that you can rent Dennis, park your car right next to your bedroom, s**t, I'll even insulate and put power in one of them if you wanna rent it. :lol:
And you are on the correct side of the country.

I like it. Looks spacious.
Thanks. It really is. I just wish there was more storage.

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I can see the dollar signs going down between all the bathrooms and the kitchen. I don't remember if you got it pretty cheap or not. You need to renovate those big time. Knock out the wall separating the dining room/kitchen if it's not a strucure wall. The kitchen now looks like a walk in pantry. :lol:But very nice house none the less.

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
wow i didnt know you bought a house man. Congrats..

It looks great. lots of windows for lots of light... im jealous..

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I can see the dollar signs going down between all the bathrooms and the kitchen. I don't remember if you got it pretty cheap or not. You need to renovate those big time. Knock out the wall separating the dining room/kitchen if it's not a strucure wall. The kitchen now looks like a walk in pantry. :lol:But very nice house none the less.
Oh yeah. Master bath is first on the list then not sure from there. I would love to knock out the wall but i think its weight bearing. Plus I can't put a counter and such under the window because its so low so that would get interesting... Thanks Connie

nice house op. You're right by me O_o
Yup. Been in the same house in Cincy for 19 years. Went to NKU.

congrats on being a home owner nice house by the way
Thanks.

wow i didnt know you bought a house man. Congrats..

It looks great. lots of windows for lots of light... im jealous..
Thanks man. Yeah. I had been looking for a place for a few months and found this and the offer was in 3 days later and got it 2 days after that. But then I waited over 2 months to close so... Yeah. There are tons of windows but the are narrow as hell so we will see how they function.