My Si is not as fast as others?????

civic596

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Recently my fiance and I bought 2 Si's and we can't figure out why they don't seem as fast as others. It is the MPH in the quarter mile that we don't understand. Others that we have seen get up to 87-92 mph. My does 82 mph and his 85mph. His is better somewhat. Could it make a difference that we both need new clutches? If you have any ideas please let me know.

Oh and I had already posted this question on another site so sorry for repeating myself.

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it may be the about of torque that your car has, because my friend with a auto ex get up to 80mph and i have a man dx and i only get to 73 and i used to beat him, now he does 85mph and only runs a 17.7

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it could be that youare shitty drivers...not to be mean, but admit you arent pros yet...i admit it...if a pro drove my car hed prolly get better times. just keep practicing and goin to the track a lot, and youll see that your times will get better over time. :D

99CX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what kind of 60ft times are you getting?? Its all about your reaction and you launch, try to hold your revs on 5500rpm and feather your clutch out slowly, prevent your car from bogging, dont break the tires loose, even a chirp can cost you .1 of a second in your 60ft time. This is hard on your clutch, but that is how you benifit from an aftermarket clutch, pick up an ACT clutch or another reputable brand, youd be surprised at how much it helps transfer power

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
your overall time ahs nothing to do with your reaction time...the only thing you get out of getting a good reaction time is beating the guy you're racing. you could sit for 2 minutes on the green light and still get the same 1/8, 1/4, or 60ft time as if you went right when it turned green.

civic596

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know you aren't trying to be mean, but don't say things that can be taken the wrong way. I had 3 other people drive my cars. and all of us could only get 16.0. I know not all of them are pros but one of the guys owns an si and ran 14.8.

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
theres no way si's run 14.8 stock. they run high 15's stock if you got you drivin skills down good. it might be the track, but there is one thing i know, and its that theres no way in hell a stock si will run faster then high 15's

spider883

Supercharged Si
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
at what elevation are u at?? like where do u live... bc if u are in like denver u will be running almost 1.3 secs slower time bc of altitude...

ReVtecSi

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmm, i ran a trap speed of 85mph-87mph (cant remember off the top of my head) with just an intake and springs. i raced a stock si with just as much mods as mine on the roads and he pulled a little bit harder than me, we started from about 50mph+......i have to admit that my clutch is slipping a little....it really depends on the driver and the launch, etc.... there is a another person on a different board that ran a 14.9 with i/h/e and some springs.

caddy

I found Waldo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There's so many factors involved. Air tempurature, altitude, your pedal/stick ability, tires, etc,. If your talking about the new SI, from what i've heard from most, your eta is about the average. And yes it is possible to get high to mid 14's with an i/h/e and some sticky meats. And yes your clutch will for sure have an impact on your times. If you're not grabbing the next gear at 100% efficiency, then you could be losing precious seconds...