My suspension pisses me off

xNOBOOSTx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well i went to put on my Skunk2 Lower tie bar the other day and one side went on smoothly then when i get to the passenger side the damn LCA is bent so i order a new one and get it next day aired here. Well the correct part was shipped to me but now i cant get the old bent LCA off. Im so pissed. Especially since i was supposed to drive to florida next week. So does anyone have any suggestions as to how i need to go about getting the two bolts out of the LCA?

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
use a torch to heat up the bolt and if need be cut it off.

jak

shaken...... not stirred.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
these are such a pain in the butt, and thats if they are'nt bent. had to deal with this when i put on my coilovers. i wound up having to cut mine off with a torch and get new ones, although i know this is NOT the correct way to do this. not sure the best way to go about this, i know i have seen something on this in a thread before. u can start by having someone move the LCA around with a crowbar to get a better angle while u work on the bolts with an impact. just be sure to put anti-seeze on the bolts before u put them back on, they will come alot better next if u do. sorry that my info is'nt that good im not much of a mechanic.

xNOBOOSTx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its all good. im just wondering if i cut the bolt how do i get it out?

br0nx finest

I'm from the Bronx baby.
5+ Year Member
Ha, I'm having the same problem except not with replacing the LCA, but loosening the bolt in order to get my oem strut out to put my AGX/H&R race in :(

xNOBOOSTx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just am curious about how im going to have to go about gettin this off.

civic_tj

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had to cut mine off then beat them out with hammer and a punch! Make sure you put some anti-seize (sp?) on them when you install the next set.