my swap is done

galopatricio

5+ Year Member
b18b on a 94 hatch dx is done the car runs like s**t i think is holding out on me
i put a header a full exhaust intake and a stage 3 clutch i dont know what is wrong
coz my d15 was doing better than the b18b any ideas :cry:

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is there any cel's? is your fuel pump stock? cause i switched mine out when i idi my swap. did you check the basic s**t like, oil, plugs, wires, fuel inectors or fuel filter?

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
a stage 3 clutch on a b18b with just boltons?

galopatricio

5+ Year Member
\\ Forgiven // said:
There could be a million things, could you tell us exactly how it is running badly?
well igot a full exhaust w. no cat and it sound like some pipe is broken
my rpms go up fast and i go no where
everyting like sparkplugs and wires its been change

galopatricio

5+ Year Member
MasterShake said:
is there any cel's? is your fuel pump stock? cause i switched mine out when i idi my swap. did you check the basic s**t like, oil, plugs, wires, fuel inectors or fuel filter?
yea i did the basic

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
galopatricio said:
yea ..... for now and since the trany was out

riiiight.....

still, WAY too heavy of a clutch.........

unless you're running 300whp, your stage 3 clutch is just ricer bragging rights

and if your rpms are going up really fast and you're not moving... then it sounds like you installed the clutch incorrectly to boot

galopatricio

5+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
riiiight.....

still, WAY too heavy of a clutch.........

unless you're running 300whp, your stage 3 clutch is just ricer bragging rights

and if your rpms are going up really fast and you're not moving... then it sounds like you installed the clutch incorrectly to boot
im moving .....
the car starts quik but but for beeing a doch i think is not good
my d15 did alot better .
i dont have alot of knowledge like u i just star doing this

\\ Forgiven //

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So your saying your car revs normally, it just isnt moving as fast as you think it should? From what little info your giving, it does sound like your clutch isnt grabbing right, and yea a Stage 3 clutch is definately overkill for an almost stock LS motor.

b16bang

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
meh....you woulda been better turbo'ing and building ur D.....woulda left you with more $$ and a faster car...built/turbo'd D>>stock ls

weksos

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you arent throwing CEL's or having troubles with getting the car to move, I dont know what else to tell you. B18B's arent fast, bolt on's will not make you any faster. The engine is rated at 130-140 hp....with maybe 112 wheel horsepower putting down to the ground.

Are you using the correct ECU?

99siTUNER

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
doch? yea I agree with everyone, if you want some help be a LOT more specific of whats going on exactly. like weskos said, do you have the right ecu?? sounds like somethings up. hes right b18b is fast by any means, but over your stock engine it will seem fast er.

galopatricio

5+ Year Member
b16bang said:
meh....you woulda been better turbo'ing and building ur D.....woulda left you with more $$ and a faster car...built/turbo'd D>>stock ls
yea i dont know what i got my self into ...... i been havin problem after problem im geting to the point to sel the f**king thing ...... :roll:

galopatricio

5+ Year Member
weksos said:
If you arent throwing CEL's or having troubles with getting the car to move, I dont know what else to tell you. B18B's arent fast, bolt on's will not make you any faster. The engine is rated at 130-140 hp....with maybe 112 wheel horsepower putting down to the ground.

Are you using the correct ECU?
yea im runing a obd 0

galopatricio

5+ Year Member
99siTUNER said:
doch? yea I agree with everyone, if you want some help be a LOT more specific of whats going on exactly. like weskos said, do you have the right ecu?? sounds like somethings up. hes right b18b is fast by any means, but over your stock engine it will seem fast er.
im going to go tru everithing again and i will post
the reason i got that motor is coz it was free and was low miles better than my d15 but i thing i f**k up
i have spend alot of money and im not happy whit the results.

galopatricio

5+ Year Member
thanks guys for your help
im going to try something and if dont work i guess i just put my time and money on something else

b16bang

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
don't give up. Dude thats one thing i'd never do. f**k dat man, don't come back with your tail between your legs. You run that engine, YOU FEED DAT ENGINE MAN! Attack the problem like no tomorrow. If you have to sit down and make a web/chart of what the problems are, what are possible solutions. and even then go back over the basics. Don't let some problems turn ur around man. f**k DAT s**t! You can do this man, if you've come this far installing an engine by your damnself you better be proud nuff to stick it through and fix whats wrong.

That should give you to complete the swap.... quitting is not an option.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
b16bang said:
don't give up. Dude thats one thing i'd never do. f**k dat man, don't come back with your tail between your legs. You run that engine, YOU FEED DAT ENGINE MAN! Attack the problem like no tomorrow. If you have to sit down and make a web/chart of what the problems are, what are possible solutions. and even then go back over the basics. Don't let some problems turn ur around man. f**k DAT s**t! You can do this man, if you've come this far installing an engine by your damnself you better be proud nuff to stick it through and fix whats wrong.

That should give you to complete the swap.... quitting is not an option.
Hell yeah, It is depressing to build an expensive motor and do a swap but don't give up. Just ask some questions and we'll try to help you out.