My wife's 95 EX (Fully Built/Sleeved H22 inside)

guy_from_nerk

The Official Parts Whore
5+ Year Member
The car:
1995 Honda Civic EX

Engine:
H22a4
87.5mm Bore
Darton Sleeves with a KMS Block Gaurd welded in for extra strength
8.5:1 Wiesco Pistons
Eagle Rods (big bolt)
Balanced Rotating Assembly
Blue Printed Bottom End
Stock Head
Modified H22 Intake Manifold (Butterflys Removed)

Drive Train:
H23 Transmission
8lb Fidanza Flywheel
Exedy Stage 1 Clutch

Interior:
Prelude Front Seats
Skunk2 Weighted Knob

Wheels/Tires/Suspension:
Tein Super Street Coilovers
Skunk2 Front Upper Strut Bar
Skunk2 Front/Rear Camber Kits
16" Rota GT3's (Gold w/Silver lip)
Falken Azenis RT-615 Rubber

Oh yeah, came with complete GT35 turbo kit ;) I'll post all the specs on that stuff once I get done going through it all.

The story!!
My buddy has owned the car the last 9 years and originally started building it in hopes of a 700hp monster. Somewhere along the line he got back into racing go-karts, became a trucker and had a child. So basically life has taken over and his time is limited, thus the car was put on the back burner. Three years ago he got ahold of me asking if I would be interested in trading our pick up truck for this car. We said no thanks at the time, over the next 2+ years we kept talking about possibly trading, when I was wanting to he wasn't and vice versa. Earlier this week he contacted me saying, lets trade. I sent him a text back and said ok, lets do it. So after 3 years of talks, we have finally pulled the trigger.

The car was sprayed 2006 Dodge Blue, back in 06 by my Dad. The car has basically sat inside of a pull barn since that time. The motor was built by Dave Flemmings in Utica Ohio around the same time. Since then it has had 600 miles put on it. The wheels and tires have even less than that on em.

For now the main focus/goals for the car is to get it cleaned up as its dusty and dirty as hell. After that I plan on putting my ecu out of my Integra in it and loading up a H22 map to get it running properly til we can get it to the tuner. Just going to get a good all motor tune on it for the time being and get the wife used to driving it and get her some seat time at the race track just so she can learn to lights and how to launch. From there it will get the turbo kit put on and retuned, boost will be turned down and gradually turned up as she gets more comfortable handling power.

I will update with more pics as work/mods progress. For now here is a few shots I took today of it

guy_from_nerk

The Official Parts Whore
5+ Year Member
2/4/13: Well we brought the car home on Friday and it has sat since then haha. Over the weekend a nice snowfall accumulated so for now the car is going to sit and remain untouched until it warms up a tad.

guy_from_nerk

The Official Parts Whore
5+ Year Member
2/7/13: Well today we started buying/doing stuff to the car. First things first was to get it a new windshield. Richardson's in Newark was the cheapest around, safelite was cheaper til they added another $60 in bulls*** fee's at the very end of their online quote lol. Anyways its amazing what a new windshield can do to a cars image. It looks a lot nicer already just by getting rid of the old busted one and that Civic banner everyone loved.

The car was missing the side trim pieces on the windshield due to them being removed for pain and lost. So we ordered some new ones with clips from Honda today. Also, since it was nice out I decided to give it a quick rinsing to get the 2inches of dirt/dust off of it. I plan on wetsanding, buffing and full detailing it this weekend.

guy_from_nerk

The Official Parts Whore
5+ Year Member
2/9/13: The front windshield was missing the side trim panels, so where better to find them in mint condition than the dealership. Thank god for Majestic Honda, thats all I gotta say haha. Going to install there here in a little bit, should make the car look even better than it currently does.

We finally got the car done being wet sanded, buffed and cleaned. Its amazing what some sand paper and rubbing compound can do to a cars appearance.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice looking car! All it needs is a color matched bay! I bet that sucker pulls hard!

guy_from_nerk

The Official Parts Whore
5+ Year Member
It runs pretty good given the fact that it has such low compression and no turbo on it yet. The bay may get painted at some point, but since this is going to be daily driven I don't feel like pulling the motor, prepping the bay, spraying it and trying to get it all back together in a weekend. It may possibly get a headlight harness tuck in the near future though, I do know that a Go-Autoworks aluminum radiator and fan will be making its way to the engine bay very soon.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looks good. Man is that thing clean.

guy_from_nerk

The Official Parts Whore
5+ Year Member
It did clean up pretty nicely. The paint needs some touching up, might try painting just the individual panels rather than the whole car again. You going to Import Alliance in Kentucky? This car and my Integra will be making the trip down

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
car looks good. the hood is gay.

guy_from_nerk

The Official Parts Whore
5+ Year Member
2/13/13: Went to the junkyard today with a couple buddies to not only trounce around in the mud but to find some parts. Came out with the following:

Mint door panels to replace the current ones which have some sort of red wrapping on them. Got super lucky enough to find the exact ones we needed

Rear Mud Flaps (gonna get front ones as well)

The trim molding that goes on the door under window (with all clips in tact)

Came home and gave them a bath in our tub, I think most other wives would flip out about their better half cleaning car parts off in their tub. Not mine, she's a keeper lol

Dirty and looking unloved:

Gave em a bath and they cleaned up nicely:

Rear Flaps got cleaned up too:

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
has potential, i would just throw the kit on awhile though if it was me

nyjprice

5+ Year Member
Im in love that car that civic minus the hood is how i wish many ppl around would do that to there civic simple swap drop and body done rite

xpttcx

99 Honda Civic EX
5+ Year Member
Love it. What kind of wheels you have on her?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Please be aware of the post dates as its been nearly 3 years since the last post on this thread.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Love it. What kind of wheels you have on her?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Per the original post...
16" Rota GT3's (Gold w/Silver lip)