Myogi_Nightkid

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mr. Myogi_Nightkid, I am asking you this question because you are a fellow c west owner...(although yours is real.... damn you!!), but anyone feel free to answer it for me!!

if you look at the attached picture (below), how do i go about putting that mesh grille stuff in the circled positions??? (or should i put something else behind there??)

should i cut it to size, but leave little tabs, and then use silicone???

help me out.... =)

also... how do i go about painting it??? or should i just spray a couple coats of clear coat on the mesh to resist rocks chipping it

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can pretty much do exactly what you said. As far as painting it, You have the idea there too.

Also you can silicone or mold in with that bondo fiberglass stuff (dont remember the name of it) little metal tabs so you can bend to attach the mesh, and also remove it. Thats how it is on my kit.

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "Si_Racer13"

you can pretty much do exactly what you said. As far as painting it, You have the idea there too.

Also you can silicone or mold in with that bondo fiberglass stuff (dont remember the name of it) little metal tabs so you can bend to attach the mesh, and also remove it. Thats how it is on my kit.

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no prob man!

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
"or should i just spray a couple coats of clear coat on the mesh to resist rocks chipping it"

lol you're a dumbass. how can rocks chip mesh?

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "imazn"

"or should i just spray a couple coats of clear coat on the mesh to resist rocks chipping it"

lol you're a dumbass. how can rocks chip mesh?
dumbass..... anyhow :roll:

what i meant was... before when i painted my grill on my 95 hatch, i painted it white and then after a summer of driving, all the paint chipped off... i was wondering if a few coats of clearcoat would stop this from happening again??

... I don't know why i always have to explain myself to you..... every one is not as BRIGHT as you imazn!!!

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hahaha, well when you said mesh i thought you meant the metal grill because that's what mesh is. but anyhow, clearcoat will prevent paint chipping off. but you cant really fully prevent rocks.

and i am not that bright...