N/A B16A SWAP

CrIaVcIeCr

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
First i want to say whats up to everyone!

Now my Q, What else would be need to complete a N/A B16A swap into a 92-95 civic EX if only the engine is purchashed?

THX

PEACE! :twisted:

spider883

Supercharged Si
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
trans, mounts, ecu, wireing harness

CivicSiB20

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hell yeah and motor mounts are realllllllllllllllll expensive so is the tranny but god just think just for motor mounts

90CIVICguy

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I Suggest HaSport Motor Mounts. They are expensive but well worth it.

spider883

Supercharged Si
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the HASport mounts run like what?? 400-500 bucks.. bc i know for the 2k1 civic K20A swap they run around 550.. but since they probably produce more of the B16 into a 5thgen they are probably a little cheaper

CrIaVcIeCr

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Answer me this...

How can a 190 whp car run 12.5 down a quater mile?
Thats what they claim(dh-racing.com) there race n/a b16a can run or is capable of. Does the car have to be stripped down or what? LOL!

Well anyways, can i get to a 12 or 11 second run with a all-motor B16A?
How much horsepower would i need?

THX

spider883

Supercharged Si
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a 5thgen hatch, gutted out, and the engine worked over so much u can get in the 11's but that isnt really realistic

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a guy in orlando that i've heard several stories about has a red gutted out 5th gen. b16 hatch that runs mid 12's. may be a lie tho. just thought i'd throw that out there. :T

CrIaVcIeCr

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks for the input...

:arrow: B16A1 :arrow: B16A2
cable trans. hydraclic trans.

Does it matter if cable or hydralic trans goes into a 92-95 civic EX :?:

Also, the more compression the more hp :?: True :?:
How much is to much compression :?:

THX

paintimport4life

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it is a lot better and cheaper to run a hydrolic tranny because that is what comes in the 92-95 civic stock. also the b16a2 bolts directly in the 92-95 with only converting the wiring harnes 75$ and shift linkages 150$, both from hasport.

Kristian

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Re: thanks for the input...

Originally posted by "CrIaVcIeCr"

THX

if you buy a Y21 tranny it wont matter... but there are several other differences between A1 and A2... the A2 is more bolt on than the A1 the A1 an older engine from the 90-91 Civic and CRX

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Re: thanks for the input...

Originally posted by "CrIaVcIeCr"

THX

Are you talking about getting a JDM motor? Just so you know JDM motors dont have a series number after them stamped. B16A SiRI from the JDM Civic SiR and B16A SiRII from the JDM SiR. B16A2 is from the 96-97 Del Sol DOHC and the 99-00 Civic Si.

Anyways, as far as cable or hydro tranny, you could get a converter to be able to use the cable one.

CrIaVcIeCr

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So, paintimport4life, I can use the stock axles , tranny, ECU...? What about motor mounts?

Si_racer13, The ones that are stamped are from the U.S.?
Im confused!!

THX :twisted:

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i was trying to say the JDM ones dont have the series number after the engine code. For example B16A with no number after it, is stamped on both the 88-91 SiR's and the 92-95 ones.

CrIaVcIeCr

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh O.K., I got ya Si_Racer13.

THX

Hey paintimport4life, Forget that question i found out.

THX

eghead

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
190 hp = 12.5
Ive seen it....im out here in carlsbad, cali.......b16a w/high compression pistons 12:1,lsd, race fuel, good suspension, gutted(for the track)....and this dude is daily driving it....dont know how long its going to last but its fast.....saw it smoke an m3 on the freeway also.... and if you need a tranny my friend selling a gsr tranny for $700 or obo.....yes it will bolt on the b16...he never raced it....and hes getting a type-r tranny, which i suggest you should get since your all motor.

98civichx

SILVER EJ7
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i need some help and info on puting a b16 into my 98 hx coupe. any help will be appreciated. and for ythe one who aksed where im from its tulsa ok and i drive a silver w/ black bumpers 98 civic hx 5 spd.

CrIaVcIeCr

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What part do you need help on? I dont know why im asking because i cant help you that well, but im sure it would help some other people help you if they knew what you needed help on.

13hybrid20

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "eghead"

190 hp = 12.5
Ive seen it....im out here in carlsbad, cali.......b16a w/high compression pistons 12:1,lsd, race fuel, good suspension, gutted(for the track)....and this dude is daily driving it....dont know how long its going to last but its fast.....saw it smoke an m3 on the freeway also.... and if you need a tranny my friend selling a gsr tranny for $700 or obo.....yes it will bolt on the b16...he never raced it....and hes getting a type-r tranny, which i suggest you should get since your all motor.
you can use honda mounts from a 95 del sol vtec model. Don't buy a gsr tranny they suck thats probably why the guy is selling it.

99CX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
[/quote]Don't buy a gsr tranny they suck thats probably why the guy is selling it.[/quote]
?????? GSR tranny's are one of honda's best ever