N/a intercooled

Mike lenss

So I'm I'm not entirely new to hondas but new to 9th gen si's. Have older hondas but I'm wondering if putting a intercooler on a non turbo motor with a tune is Worth it? I've had the car for about 9 months just want to do some bolt ons for now. Any info helps and thank you ahead of time for the info.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nope, it wouldn't even work. An intercooler would go between the throttle body and turbo. Air going from the turbo to the throttle body gets cooled by the IC as it passes.

You don't have a turbo, so the intercooler has nowhere to hook up to. You could put an air filter where an intercooler would be. Something like this:

But be very careful with that. I would assume you could easily suck water in and hydrolock the engine that way... I don't know much about them. From my limited research it appears that it's worse than your average intake.. longer piping, more bends, etc. So in short, I don't recommend it.

Drakon543

x2
A normal full cai will work just fine. with a setup like the one xplod3r listed could possibly just end up giving you the same small gains if any as a cai. also would probably have more of a chance of giving you less throttle response.